What is StormFall?
StormFall (Age of War) is the title of an online streaming strategy computer game and program that many users have found installed on their computer without consent. StormFall is not technically a computer virus or malware, and the StormFall game itself is not malicious: However, the computer game utilizes very aggressive and questionable marketing practices, is an advertisement supported program that displays pop-up advertisements on Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer, and generally bundles alongside third-party malware, trojan horses, and potentially unwanted programs (PUPs). This makes the strategy computer game a very high security risk.
StormFall and associated programs have permission to access and collect user information, as well as change browser and system settings without direct user knowledge. In turn, this program and associated items are used to generate pop-up advertisements, as well as cause unwanted browser redirects and start-ups. Information collected may also be submitted to third-party mailing and marketing lists.
How does StormFall get onto a computer?
The StormFall Age of War game primarily installs alongside third-party freeware and other items promoted and distributed by media related websites. In some cases, the computer game is contracted through advertisements, torrents, and other items.
During the installation process of third-party freeware a user may be given the opportunity to accept or decline an offer to install potential StormFall malware and other items: However, the request is often ignored deepening on the specific download manager and the program will install against user consent.
How to remove the StormFall virus
- Option 1: StormFall Removal Software & Tools – This first option details how to remove StormFall malware using the free or full versions of Hitman Pro software and/or CCleaner by Piriform.
- Option 2: Manually remove StormFall – This second option details how to manually uninstall StormFall and remove unwanted browser attachments
- For Tech Support – Call 1-888-879-0084 and they will kindly assist you with removing this computer infection.
1. StormFall Removal Software & Tools
Use the instructions below to automatically remove StormFall and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
Hitman Pro by SurfRight
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or purchase the full version of Hitman Pro software.
3. Once Hitman Pro is installed, open the program and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may chose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
4. When the scan is complete, click the Next button again to delete any threats or traces on your system.
5. If you are initially using the free version, to activate it, enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
6. Restart your computer by selecting Reboot.
Your computer should now be clean of threats, tracking cookies, malware, and other unwanted traces.
CCleaner by Piriform
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall StormFall and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for StormFall, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manually Remove StormFall
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall StormFall adware from Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8.
- It may be necessary to uninstall third-party software.
How to uninstall StormFall
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to access the Windows 8 Start Menu).
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for StormFall and other potentially unwanted software. Once the adware program is located, double click the unwanted program(s) or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button.