How to remove Speed Optimizer Pro (Virus Removal Guide)
Speed Optimizer Pro virus
Speed Optimizer Pro by ShieldApps is a potentially unwanted program (PUP) and malware located in the scareware categories of potential computer threats. Speed Optimizer Pro is essentially a non-beneficial and misleading system optimizer program for the Microsoft Windows Operating System.
Once installed Speed Optimizer Pro will begin to perform a scan for System related errors, COM and ActiveX errors, User related errors, and Junk files. In turn, Speed Optimizer Pro malware displays misleading scan results that will claim the computer has a large amount of errors and that the computer’s health is in danger.
XXXregistry errors found! A large number of registry errors may indicate that your computer is at high risk of software crashes, unwanted system errors, and a slow startup process.
Speed Optimizer Pro is promoted as a free and full version that can be used to diagnose and scan for system errors, optimize your PC to reach peak performance, and maintain and manage your PC for extended PC health. The free version claims to fix 10 errors for free, but a user must register the full edition of the software in order to take care of the remaining errors.
If Speed Optimizer Pro is installed on your computer, your computer is at a high risk of a very severe third-party computer attack.
How does Speed Optimizer Pro get onto a computer?
Speed Optimizer Pro primarily bundles with freeware and alongside third-party items, including adware and spyware, and even trojan horses. Some download managers give users the opportunity to opt out of installing this and other programs during the setup process of third-party freeware; However users have complained that the request to decline the offer is usually ignored.
The program may be contracted through suspicious advertisements on media related websites and other common locations, including email spam, compromised social media content, and more.
How to remove Speed Optimizer Pro virus
- Option 1: Speed Optimizer Pro Removal Software & Tools – This first option details how to remove Speed Optimizer Pro malware using the free or full versions of Hitman Pro software and/or CCleaner by Piriform.
- Option 2: Manually remove Speed Optimizer Pro – This second option details how to manually uninstall Speed Optimizer Pro and remove unwanted browser attachments
- For Tech Support – Call 1-888-879-0084 and they will kindly assist you with removing this computer infection.
1. Speed Optimizer Pro Removal Software & Tools
Use the instructions below to automatically remove Speed Optimizer Pro and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
Hitman Pro by SurfRight
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or purchase the full version of Hitman Pro software.
3. Once Hitman Pro is installed, open the program and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may chose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
4. When the scan is complete, click the Next button again to delete any threats or traces on your system.
5. If you are initially using the free version, to activate it, enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
6. Restart your computer by selecting Reboot.
Your computer should now be clean of threats, tracking cookies, malware, and other unwanted traces.
CCleaner by Piriform
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall Speed Optimizer Pro adware and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall Speed Optimizer Pro (by ShieldApps) and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for Speed Optimizer Pro, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manually Remove Speed Optimizer Pro
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall Speed Optimizer Pro adware from Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8.
How to uninstall Speed Optimizer Pro
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to access the Windows 8 Start Menu).
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for Speed Optimizer Pro (by ShieldApps) and other potentially unwanted software. Once the unwanted program is located, double click the unwanted program(s) or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button.