How to remove Software Updater (Virus Removal Guide)
Software Updater (Software Updater version 1.9.5, etc.) is advertisement-supported freeware found in the adware category of computer threats and is primarily detected as a Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP). Software Updater is the same title as Open Software Updater and other titles; However, utilizing a different interface.
Software Updater and additional items that it may bundle with during the installation process can be used to access and collect user information, such as browser history and activity in order to display targeted advertisements across multiple internet browsers, such as Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer.
In many cases users are not aware that Open Software installed to their computer systems until the program displays a pop-up from the bottom right of Windows desktop.
This program is promoted as free software used to check for system updates in order to download and install updates. These tasks are actually provided for free and without the use of third-party software on Windows Operating Systems.
- This page is a Software Updater removal guide that will help you remove Software Updater and third-party malware from Microsoft Windows in order to stop pop-up advertisements, browser redirects, and other symptoms on Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer.
How to remove the Software Updater virus
- Option 1: Software Updater Removal Software & Tools – This first option details how to remove Software Updater malware using the free or full versions of Hitman Pro software and/or CCleaner by Piriform.
- Option 2: Manually remove Software Updater – This second option details how to manually uninstall Software Updater and remove unwanted browser attachments
- For Tech Support – Call 1-888-879-0084 and they will kindly assist you with removing this computer infection.
1. Software Updater Removal Software & Tools
Use the instructions below to automatically remove Software Updater and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
Hitman Pro by SurfRight
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or purchase the full version of Hitman Pro software.
3. Once Hitman Pro is installed, open the program and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may chose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
4. When the scan is complete, click the Next button again to delete any threats or traces on your system.
5. If you are initially using the free version, to activate it, enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
6. Restart your computer by selecting Reboot.
Your computer should now be clean of threats, tracking cookies, malware, and other unwanted traces.
CCleaner by Piriform
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall Software Updater adware and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall Software Updater and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for Software Updater, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manually Remove Software Updater
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall Software Updater adware from Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8.
How to uninstall Software Updater
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to access the Windows 8 Start Menu).
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for Software Updater and other potentially unwanted software. Once the adware program is located, double click the unwanted program(s) or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button.
How to remove Software Updater add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions below to remove Software Updater add-ons and extensions from Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. It may be necessary to remove third-party browser attachments.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Software Updater extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the Software Updater add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the Software Updater add-on and remove it if located.