How to remove SmartSaver (Virus Removal Guide)
The SmartSaver virus (also found as SmartSaver+ 21, SmartSaver Plus, Smart Saver virus) is a term used to identify a Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP) and adware that is primarily used to display pop-up advertisements across Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer without user consent. SmartSaver is essentially a cross-browser browser add-on, browser helper object (BHO), and extension that installs to a Windows PC and attaches to affected internet browsers.
Once SmartSaver malware is installed, the adware program may create additional privacy related issues as it will being to collect user information and will use the collected information to display target advertisements, deals, and offers.
Information collected by adware often includes your complete browsing activity, such as your bookmarks, history, tabs, stored information, downloads, and manually submitted information.
SmartSaver advertisements are displayed in a variety of forms. Some are pop-under ads that take up an entire browser window or computer screen, in-text ads that say something alike “Ads by SmartSaver” on them, or pop-up advertisements that appear in images and say “brought by SmartSaver” on them.
How to remove SmartSaver virus
This SmartSaver removal guide will help you remove SmartSaver virus (SmartSaver+ 21), potentially unwanted programs, malware, and ads by SmartSaver on Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer.
- Step 1: Scan your computer for malware
- Step 2: Cleanup and repair settings
- Step 3: Uninstall SmartSaver
- Step 4: Remove SmartSaver browser attachments
- For Tech Support Call: 1-866-521-2427
Step 1: Scan your computer for malware
1. We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while removing SmartSaver. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full version enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is just a free scan and removal tool.
3. Open the Anti-Malware program after the program is installed.
4. Click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan. Before the scan is started Malwarebytes may ask to update the software, make sure to install updates if prompted to do so.
5. Once the malware scan is complete, click the Quarantine All button and reboot your computer.
Step 2: Cleanup and repair settings
1. Install the free or full version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall SmartSaver using CCleaner, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for the program in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
Step 3: Uninstall SmartSaver
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to gain access to the Windows 8 Start Menu. Windows 8 may also select Programs and Features).
2. In Windows Control Panel, click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program in the Programs section.
3. In the list of installed programs, search for SmartSaver. Once the program is located, double click the unwanted program or select it with your mouse and click the Uninstall button. *Follow any on-screen instructions that may prompt to remove this program. Repeat the steps to remove additional unwanted programs.
4. Restart your computer.
Step 4: Remove SmartSaver browser attachments
1. Click on the Customize icon (3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the SmartSaver extension and other suspicious extensions and remove them individually by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the SmartSaver add-on and other suspicious add-ons and remove them if located.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the SmartSaver add-on, click it, and click the Remove button. Remove other suspicious add-ons if found. If the Remove button does not appear you must first uninstall associated software through the Control Panel.