How to remove Smart Driver Updater (Virus Removal Guide)
Smart Driver Updater by Avanquest Software is a suspicious and Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP) found in the scareware category of possible computer threats. This program has many users complaints suggesting that Smart Driver Updater installs without user consent, installs alongside third-party malware and PUPs, this program utilizes very aggressive marketing techniques, and this program does not operate as promoted.
Smart Driver Updater is essentially a non-beneficial Microsoft Windows driver update program like so many others that offers no value to a computer system. Most of the time potential Smart Driver Updater malware and similar programs will scan a computer, claim a number of errors are found or that drivers are outdated and need to be updated in order to create customers. These programs will not actually fix errors or update system drivers unless a user purchases the item.
Smart Driver Updater and similar products are not necessary for a computer to function properly. In fact, checking a Microsoft Windows computer for updates and installing updates is free and does not require third-party software to perform such tasks.
Once installed, this program will begin to perform a scan that claims to check your PC and other devices for driver updates. If a user attempts to close the window, the program will likely freeze and fail to respond. This program will also deny permission to end it’s process in order to shut down the program.
If Smart Driver Updater is installed, it is likely that your computer is infected with additional PUPs and malware, including adware and browser hijackers such as istart123 and video MediaPlay-Air. These additional threats often have permission to access and collect user information, display targeted advertisements, and change existing internet browser settings.
- This page is a comprehensive Smart Driver Updater removal guide for Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. Remove Smart Driver Updater using the steps on this page.
How to remove Smart Driver Updater
- Option 1: Smart Driver Updater Removal Software & Tools – This first option details how to remove Smart Driver Updater malware using the free or full versions of Hitman Pro software and/or CCleaner by Piriform.
- Option 2:Manually remove Smart Driver Updater – This second option details how to manually uninstall Smart Driver Updater and remove unwanted browser attachments
- For Tech Support – Call 1-888-879-0084 and they will kindly assist you with removing this computer infection.
1. Smart Driver Updater Removal Software & Tools
Use the instructions below to automatically remove Smart Driver Updater and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
Hitman Pro by SurfRight
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or purchase the full version of Hitman Pro software.
3. Once Hitman Pro is installed, open the program and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may chose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
4. When the scan is complete, click the Next button again to delete any threats or traces on your system.
5. If you are initially using the free version, to activate it, enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
6. Restart your computer by selecting Reboot.
Your computer should now be clean of threats, tracking cookies, malware, and other unwanted traces.
CCleaner by Piriform
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall Smart Driver Updater adware and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall Smart Driver Updater by Avanquest Software and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for Smart Driver Updater, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manually Remove Smart Driver Updater
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall Smart Driver Updater adware from Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8.
How to uninstall Smart Driver Updater
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to access the Windows 8 Start Menu).
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for Smart Driver Updater by Avanquest Software (Smart Driver Updater v3.2) and other potentially unwanted software. Once the adware program is located, double click the unwanted program(s) or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button.
How to remove unwanted add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions below to remove unwanted add-ons and extensions from Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. It may be necessary to remove third-party browser attachments.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the unwanted extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the unwanted add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the unwanted add-on and remove it if located.