This SIViewer removal guide contains free instructions to remove SIViewer virus and other threats from your computer.
SIViewer is a potentially unwanted program that is recognized as malicious by the internet security community. Internet browsers such as Google Chrome and operating systems such as Microsoft Windows will disable and remove files associated with SIViewer. If you try to manually install SIViewer from the publisher’s website Google Chrome will show a “failed” message that says a virus has been detected. The default Windows Antivirus program known as Windows Defender will automatically detect and remove SIViewer and files associated with it.
Because SIViewer has such a high detection rate it usually hides inside other programs. It will bundle inside other programs and be introduced to an infected computer via a malicious software bundler.
Once SIViewer has been installed it will perform several undesirable tasks. The most severe symptom of this program is that it will automatically download and install third-party programs in the background including adware and malware. SIViewer can also display pop-up advertisements in your web browser and change your existing internet browser settings.
The SIViewer program will replace the homepage, default search engine, and new tab page of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer & Edge, and Apple Safari with http://start.siviewer.com/.
SIViewer Distribution Method
SIViewer bundles with other programs and files that are downloaded from a questionable source. Downloading objects online including freeware and torrent files can result in potentially unwanted programs infecting the user’s system. Even if a program is well known and trustworthy, if you download it from a malicious site it can lead to a computer infection.
If the computer user has previously downloaded a malicious program, SIViewer adware might have automatically downloaded in the background without disclosure. The user might also be tricked into accepting the download under the guise of a program update or something else. Malicious publishers sometimes hide the download behind a terms and conditions page, effectively tricking users into downloading adware. In some instances SIViewer may be advertised as an extension to improve the user’s browsing experience in order to encourage a direct download. Regardless of how the system was infected, removal remains relatively unchanged.
|Names||SIViewer, SIViewer virus|
|Detection Categories||Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP)|
|Publisher’s Description||SIViewer is a awesome software for reading and viewing all your images, especially powerful in viewing and splitting animated GIF. It is a very fast, small, compact and innovative FREEWARE (for non-commercial use) static graphic and animated GIF viewer for Windows Windows 7 and above system such as Windows 8, Windows 10 etc.|
|Symptoms||Advertisements in the web browser
Browser redirects to start.siviewer.com and other sponsored webpages
Decreased internet speed and performance
Decreased computer functionality and performance
Bundles with malware and other potentially unwanted programs
|Path||C:\Program Files (x86)\SIViewer|
|Quick Detection & Removal Tool||Click Here To Download Malwarebytes|
How to remove SIViewer (Virus Removal Guide)
- Scan your computer with Malwarebytes
- Scan your computer with HitmanPro
- Uninstall SIViewer and unwanted programs
- Remove unwanted add-ons and extensions
- Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner
1. Scan your computer with Malwarebytes
2. Open Malwarebytes and click the Scan Now button – or go to the Scan tab and click the Start Scan button.
3. Once the Malwarebytes scan is complete click the Remove Selected button.
4. To finish the Malwarebytes scan and remove detected threats click the Finish button and restart your computer if promoted to do so.
2. Scan your computer with HitmanPro
2. Open HitmanPro and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may chose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
3. Once the HitmanPro scan is complete click the Next button.
4. To activate the free version of HitmanPro: enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
5. Click the Reboot button.
3. Uninstall SIViewer and unwanted programs
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. In the Programs section click Uninstall a program. In earlier versions of Windows this is listed as “Add and remove programs.”
3. Search for SIViewer in the list of installed programs and double click it to initiate the manual uninstall process.
4. Once you have uninstalled SIViewer, search for other unwanted programs that may be installed on your computer and uninstall them as well.
4. Remove unwanted add-ons and extension
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the unwanted extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the unwanted add-on and click Remove.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Go to Tools (Alt+X) and click Manage add-ons.
2. Search for the unwanted add-on in the list, select it with your mouse, and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the unwanted extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
5. Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner
2. Open CCleaner and go to the main Cleaner screen. Click the Analyze button. When the process is complete, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Go to Tools > Startup and search for suspicious entries in each tab starting from Windows all the way to Content Menu. If you find anything suspicious click it and click the Delete button to remove it.
4. Go to the Registry window and click the Scan for Issues button. When the scan is complete click the Fix selected issues… button and click Fix All Selected Issues.