How to remove SimpleFiles (Virus Removal Guide)
What is SimpleFiles?
SimpleFiles is a potentially unwanted program (PUP) that has been reported to participate in suspicious activities. SimpleFiles is essentially adware used to generate a verity of targeted advertisements across multiple internet browsers, including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer.
This program is usually contracted when an internet user clicks an advertisement on media related websites, including streaming video websites, file sharing websites, torrent websites, pornography websites, and others. Furthermore, potential SimpleFiles malware can be contracted during the setup process of third-party freeware, as this program (and additional malware or PUPs) may market itself to bundle alongside free downloads distributed by websites such as download.com.
Once SimpleFiles makes its way onto a computer system a user may notice unwanted changes to existing browser settings, pop-up advertisements, and may experience disrupted computer performance and slower computer and internet browser speeds.
Changes made to existing internet browser settings often include the homepage, startpage, new tab page, browser shortcut, and internet browser search engine (default, managed, provided). This will cause affected internet browsers to start-up on and redirect to unwanted websites when users boot a new browser window, open a new browser window, open a new browser tab, or search the web using the browser’s address or omni bar.
How to remove the SimpleFiles virus
- Automatically remove SimpleFiles virus – Scan for and automatically remove SimpleFiles and third-party malware
- Manually remove SimpleFiles virus – Remove/Uninstall SimpleFiles and third-party malware (if necessary)
- For Tech Support – Call 1-888-879-0084 and they will kindly assist you with removing this infection
1. Automatic SimpleFiles virus removal
Use the instructions below to automatically remove SimpleFiles and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, make sure to do so.
4. When the Malwarebytes interface has open on the dashboard, click the large Scan Now button to start scanning your computer for malicious files. *Scan options can also be found in the “Scan” section.
5. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer.
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall SimpleFiles adware and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall SimpleFiles and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for SimpleFiles, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manual SimpleFiles virus removal
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall SimpleFiles and third-party software using Microsoft Windows removal procedures.
How to uninstall SimpleFiles
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for SimpleFiles and other potentially unwanted software. Once the adware program is located, double click the unwanted program(s) or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button. Keep in mind that SimpleFiles may use a different title name than suggested.
How to remove SimpleFiles add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions to remove SimpleFiles add-ons, extensions, plug-ins, and toolbars. Please note, it may be necessary to remove multiple third-party items.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the SimpleFiles extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the SimpleFiles add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the SimpleFiles add-on and remove it if located.