The SideCubes virus (also found as SideCubes Search and Side Cubes) is a Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP) identified as adware and a browser hijacker that may associate with and additionally be detected as spyware. SideCubes can be found in the form of a browser helper object (BHO), add-on, and extension and has been reported to corrupt existing internet browser settings of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, and other internet browsers, causing browser redirects to search.sidecubes.com, as well as displaying pop-up advertisements.
Once SideCubes is installed it will change existing browser settings, including the homepage, default search engine, and browser shortcut. This causes affected browsers to start-up on and redirect to unwanted websites when a user boots a new browser window, opens a new browser tab, or searches the internet using the browser’s address or omni bar.
SideCubes malware and associated programs have been reported to observe and collect user information used to display targeted advertisements. Information collected by this browser hijacker may also be submitted to third-party marketing and mailing lists, which can result in unwanted email spam, junk mail, and phone calls from telemarketers.
SideCubes displays a wide variety of offline and online advertisements, including pop-under advertisements that take up an entire browser window or browser tab, generic banner and skyscraper advertisements, in-text ads, and more.
SideCubes primarily bundles with third-party freeware and shareware distributed by websites such as download.com and can also be found in advertisements, torrents, and other items on media related websites such as thepiratebay.se.
Users are sometimes given the opportunity to accept or decline an offer to install SideCubes software and other items during the setup process of third-party software; However, the request to decline the offer is often ignored or presented in a very confusing manner.
This program can also be voluntarily downloaded from a variety of locations and is promoted as legitimate freeware.
How to remove SideCubes virus
- Option 1: SideCubes Removal Software & Tools – This first option details how to remove SideCubes malware using the free or full versions of HitmanPro by SurfRight software and/or CCleaner by Piriform.
- Option 2: Manually remove SideCubes – This second option details how to manually uninstall SideCubes, remove unwanted browser attachments, and remove search.sidecubes.com from your homepage and internet search engine
- For Tech Support – Call 1-888-879-0084 and they will kindly assist you with removing this computer infection.
1. SideCubes Removal Software & Tools
The instructions below detail how to automatically remove SideCubes and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
Hitman Pro by SurfRight
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or purchase the full version of Hitman Pro software.
3. Once Hitman Pro is installed, open the program and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may chose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
4. When the scan is complete, click the Next button again to delete any threats or traces on your system.
5. If you are initially using the free version, to activate it, enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
6. Restart your computer by selecting Reboot.
Your computer should now be clean of threats, tracking cookies, malware, and other unwanted traces.
CCleaner by Piriform
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall SideCubes adware and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall SideCubes and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for SideCubes, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manually Remove SideCubes
The instructions below detail how to manually uninstall SideCubes adware from Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8.
How to uninstall SideCubes
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to access the Windows 8 Start Menu).
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for SideCubes and other potentially unwanted software. Once the adware program is located, double click the unwanted program(s) or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button.
How to remove SideCubes add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions below to remove SideCubes add-ons and extensions from Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. It may be necessary to remove third-party browser attachments.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the SideCubes extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the SideCubes add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the SideCubes add-on and remove it if located.
How to remove search.sidecubes.com search engine
- In Mozilla Firefox, click the small search magnify glass near the search box (not url/search field) and click “Manage Search Engines…”. Remove search.sidecubes.com from the list of search providers by highlighting the selections and clicking remove.
- In Microsoft Internet Explorer navigate to Tools > Manage Add Ons > Search Providers and remove search.sidecubes.com from the list.
- In Google Chrome, click the customize icon (wrench or 3 bars) and navigate to Settings > Manage search engines… click the X next to search.sidecubes.com to remove it.
Please note, If http://www.search.sidecubes.com/ is set as Google Chrome’s default search engine, add (or select) a new search engine (such as Google.com) and select the new search engine as the default search engine, then remove the unwanted search engine by clicking the X next to it.
How to remove search.sidecubes.com homepage
- In Mozilla Firefox navigate to Tools > Options or click Firefox in the top left corner and click Options > Options. Under the General tab remove search.sidecubes.com from the “Home Page:” field and replace it with your preferred home page URL.
- In Microsoft Internet Explorer navigate to Tools >Internet Options. Remove search.sidecubes.com from the Home Page field and replace it with your preferred URL.
- In Google Chrome click the customize icon (wrench or 3 bars) and navigate to Settings.Click “Set pages” under the On startup option. Remove search.sidecubes.com and replace it with your preferred homepage URL.