Shopping Optimizer (also searched for as Shopping Optimizer virus) is adware that usually gets onto a computer system using misleading marketing tactics or by bundling with third-party objects. Once Shopping Optimizer adware has been contracted it will access and gather user browsing data and use the data to display targeted pop-up advertisements that often say “Ads by Shopping Optimizer” on them.
Shopping Optimizer adware will run a Shopping Optimizer.exe process after contraction. It will create and schedule new tasks that allow it to run every time Windows starts. It will generate pop-up, pop-under, and in-textual advertisements in the web browser. It can often be uninstalled via Windows Control Panel but may still remain on the system. Shopping Optimizer adware will usually download alongside third-party malware and potentially unwanted programs (PUPs).
Shopping Optimizer is promoted online and by client managers as a free shopping assistant program that will display coupons and deals for the products you search for and view online. The aware targets your browsing habits and utilizes the data to recognize advertisement content that is feels you are most likely click on.
Shopping Optimizer is typically promoted through various advertisements on media related websites and software distribution websites. The adware can also be offered as a custom installation or product during the installation process of third-party freeware, dubious torrents, and more.
Shopping Optimizer Removal Guide
- How to uninstall Shopping Optimizer from Windows
- How to remove unwanted browser attachments
- How to remove Shopping Optimizer with Malwarebytes
- How to remove Shopping Optimizer with HitmanPro
- How to repair your computer with CCleaner
- Shopping Optimizer removal tips
How to uninstall Shopping Optimizer from Windows
Follow the instructions to uninstall Shopping Optimizer and other programs that it may bundle with from your Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10 computer. If you do not find Shopping Optimizer installed on your computer but still notice unwanted symptoms such as pop-up ads while you browse the web it is recommended to use Malwarebytes and HitmanPro to eradicate troublesome files.
1. Open Windows Start or Task menu and go to the Control Panel (or directly to Programs and Features).
2. In the “Programs” section click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove programs).
3. Search for Shopping Optimizer in the list of installed programs and double click it to uninstall it. You can also select Shopping Optimizer with your mouse and click the Uninstall button once it appears. Once you have uninstalled Shopping Optimizer look for other unwanted programs in the list of installed programs and uninstall any if they are found. A general tip is to click “Installed On” to locate any programs that installed around the same time.
How to remove unwanted browser attachments
Follow the instructions to remove Shopping Optimizer add-ons and extensions, as well as other attachments that it may bundle with from Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer & Edge, and Apple Safari. If you do not find a Shopping Optimizer attachments installed on your internet browser but still notice unwanted symptoms such as pop-up ads while you browse the web it is recommended to use Malwarebytes and HitmanPro to eradicate troublesome files. To remove Shopping Optimizer from Microsoft internet browsers you must uninstall the program.
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Shopping Optimizer extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the Shopping Optimizer add-on and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the Shopping Optimizer extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
How to remove Shopping Optimizer with Malwarebytes
Follow the instructions to remove Shopping Optimizer with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
1. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
[button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=http%3a%2f%2fdownloads.malwarebytes.org%2ffile%2fmbam%2f&redirecthash=79CD12ECAB939D32967B5D05C6C86E32″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#c71414″ hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”false”]Download Malwarebytes[/button]
2. Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing.
3. Make sure that Malwarebytes has been updated. To ensure it is updated click Update Now on the Dashboard.
4. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
5. When the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button or restart your computer if Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
How to remove Shopping Optimizer with HitmanPro
Follow the instructions to remove Shopping Optimizer with HitmanPro second-opinion software.
1. Download and install HitmanPro second opinion scanner and removal tool.
[button link=”https://www.cleverbridge.com/747/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=http%3a%2f%2fdl.surfright.nl%2fHitmanPro.exe” align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#0015ff” hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”true”]Download HitmanPro[/button]
3. Once Hitman Pro is installed, open the program and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may chose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
4. When the scan is complete, click the Next button again to delete any threats or traces on your system.
5. If you are initially using the free version, to activate it, enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
6. Restart your computer by selecting Reboot.
How to clean and repair your computer with CCleaner
Follow the instructions to clean your computer and repair your computer’s settings.
[button link=”https://secure.piriform.com/502/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=https%3a%2f%2fwww.piriform.com%2fccleaner%2fdownload%2fprofessional” align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#0015ff” hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”true”]Download CCleaner[/button]
2. Once installed, open the program and go to the main Cleaner screen and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries. If you find any thing suspicious click it and click the Delete button to remove it.
4. Finally, go to the Registry window and click the Scan for Issues button. When the scan is complete click the Fix selected issues… button and click Fix All Selected Issues.
Shopping Optimizer removal tips
- If you are still having issues removing LuckySave you should use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3. HitmanPro 3 is the best second opinion scan and removal tool. It can be used to locate and remove remaining threats.