How to remove search.searchinsocial.com (Virus Removal Guide)
Search.searchinsocial.com is a website associated with multiple browser add-ons, extensions, and programs that can change the homepage and default search settings of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, and Microsoft Internet Explorer and Edge. If your internet browser starts-up on and redirects to search.searchinsocial.com it means that your browser and computer has contracted an unwanted browser attachment such as the Social Search extension for Google Chrome and/or potentially unwanted program (PUP).
Browser redirects to the search.searchinsocial.com occur when a new browser window is opened, a new tab is opened in the web browser, or a search is performed in the address or omni bar. If you perform a search with the website a new browser tab will open and Bing.com will be the search module target.
- Advertisements and browser redirects in the web browser
- Slow and sluggish computer
- Decreased internet connectivity, functionality, and performance
- Potentially bundles with or is advertised in close proximity of malware and other potentially unwanted programs
The procedure to remove search.searchinsocial.com and unwanted programs from your computer is very simple. This search.searchinsocial.com removal guide contains comprehensive search.searchinsocial.com removal steps to help you remove search.searchinsocial.com from your browser and other threats that may be present.
Search.searchinsocial.com Removal Steps
- Step 1: Uninstall potentially unwanted programs
- Step 2: Remove browser add-on and extensions
- Step 3: Remove Search.searchinsocial.com search engine
- Step 4: Remove Search.searchinsocial.com homepage
- Step 5: Scan your computer for malware
- Step 6: Clean up and repair settings
Step 1: Uninstall potentially unwanted programs
1.Navigate to the Control Panel on Windows Start Menu.
2. Click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove a program).
3. A list of programs installed on your computer will appear. Search for suspicious and unwanted programs in the list of installed programs. Once a program you want to remove is located, double click to begin the uninstall process (or select the program and click Uninstall).
Step 2: Remove browser add-ons and extensions
1. Click on the Customize icon (3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the add-on, select it, and remove it.
Step 3: Remove Search.searchinsocial.com search engine
- In Mozilla Firefox, click the small search magnify glass near the search box (not url/search field) and click “Manage Search Engines…”. Remove Search.searchinsocial.com search engine from the list of search providers by highlighting the selections and clicking remove.
- In Microsoft Internet Explorer navigate to Tools > Manage Add Ons > Search Providers and remove Search.searchinsocial.com search engine from the list.
- In Google Chrome, click the customize icon (wrench or 3 bars) and navigate to Settings > Manage search engines… click the X next to Search.searchinsocial.com search engine to remove it.
Step 4: Remove Search.searchinsocial.com homepage
- In Mozilla Firefox navigate to Tools > Options or click Firefox in the top left corner and click Options > Options. Under the General tab remove Search.searchinsocial.com from the “Home Page:” field and replace it with your preferred home page URL.
- In Microsoft Internet Explorer navigate to Tools >Internet Options. Remove Search.searchinsocial.com from the Home Page field and replace it with your preferred URL.
- In Google Chrome click the customize icon (wrench or 3 bars) and navigate to Settings.Click “Set pages” under the On startup option. Remove Search.searchinsocial.com and replace it with your preferred homepage URL.
Step 5: Scan your computer for malware
1. Download and Install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full version enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is just a free scan and removal tool.
2. Once Malwarebytes is installed, open the Anti-Malware program and click the Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan. Malwarebytes may automatically begin to update and scan your computer at this point.
3. When the malware scan is complete, click the Quarantine All button to isolate and remove the detected files. You may be asked to reboot your computer to completely remove detected files.
Step 6: Clean up and repair settings
1. Download and Install the free or full version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Open CCleaner and go to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Once complete click the Run Cleaner button.
3. Go to Tools > Startup and search for suspicious entries through each tab starting from Windows, Internet Explorer, etc., all the way to Context Menu and click Disable and Delete once anything you do not recognize is found. This will help you locate and remove unwanted browser attachments and repair other settings.