How to remove Search People (Removal Guide)
How to remove Search People (Virus Removal Guide)
Search People (also searched for as the Search People virus or Find People virus) is a spyware type browser add-on and extension for popular internet browsers including Google Chrome. The browser add-on is usually installed without user knowledge. Once the Search People extension has been installed it will display a small pop-up window (or box) on an open browser window that usually says “Find people” and contains a search field.
What is Search People?
The Search People extension is promoted as a free browser attachment that allows you to “search people on Zaba.” The browser extension generates a pop-up window with a search option. The pop-up window ill usually say Find people on it and will direct user to sponsored webpages if search is initiated.
Search People is a very big issue for internet users. It is often the sign of a serious computer infection because it primarily bundles with potentially unwanted programs, adware, and very severe forms of malware.
Adware that bundles with Search People generates very intrusive pop-up ads across Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari. The advertisements the adware displays are defined as ‘targeted’ ads because they use your personal browsing information (including all your data on the websites you visit) to produce advertisements it feels you are most likely to click on. The adware basically ‘targets’ you based off your current and past browsing habits.
Search People is not technically defined as a computer virus but this questionable browser extension is still a threat to your privacy and can be the sign of a severe malware infection. The internet security community strongly recommends that you remove Search People if you find it installed on your machine or attached to your internet browser as a browser add-on or extension and use reputable Antivirus or Anti-Malware software to eradicate any existing malicious files.
How did Search People get on my computer?
Search People and programs like it are usually contracted without knowledge. Search People is often bundled inside third-party software downloaders and bundlers. It may arrive on a computer system once other programs have been introduced to the machine. Software that Search People adware may bundle with includes freeware, shareware, and dubious torrent files. There is never a custom option to accept or decline this browser attachment from installing.
[fancy_box title=”Search People overview”]
- Search People bundles with other potentially unwanted programs and malware.
- Search People is usually bundled inside installers and downloaders distributed as dubious torrents or as freeware programs distributed by websites similar to download.com and softonic.com.
- The Search People extension for Google Chrome has permission to read and change all your data on the websites you visit.
How to remove Search People virus
- Option 1: Automatically remove Search People virus with Malwarebytes
- Option 2: Manually remove Search People
[frame_box] For Tech Support Call:
Option 1: Automatically remove Search People virus with Malwarebytes
1. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software to remove Search People and malware that it bundles with.
[button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=http%3a%2f%2fdownloads.malwarebytes.org%2ffile%2fmbam%2f&redirecthash=79CD12ECAB939D32967B5D05C6C86E32″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#c71414″ hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”false”]Download “Search People” removal tool[/button]
2. Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing.
3. Make sure that Malwarebytes has been updated. To ensure it is updated click Update Now on the Dashboard.
4. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
5. When the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button or restart your computer if Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
[note align=”left”]If you are still having issues removing Search People we suggest that use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3 to locate and remove any computer infection that may be present. You may also proceed to option 2 below and view our additional tips to remove Search People.[/note]
Option 2: Manually remove Search People
How to uninstall Search People
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove program) in the Programs section.
3. Search for Search People in the list of installed programs and select it with your mouse, then click Uninstall. You can also double click Search People to uninstall it.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find Search People in your list of installed program you may need to uninstall additional programs that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove Search People below.[/note]
How to remove Search People add-ons and extensions
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Search People extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the Search People add-on and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the Search People extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find Search People in your list of add-ons and extensions you may need to remove additional attachments that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove Search People below.[/note]
Search People virus removal tips
- If you do not find Search People in your list of installed programs you may need to uninstall additional programs. Additional programs may include suspicious titles that may have been contracted around the same time or after the initial infection.
- If you are still having issues removing Search People you should use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3. HitmanPro 3 is the best second opinion scan and removal tool. It can be used to locate and remove remaining threats.