How to remove Search Armor (Virus Removal Guide)
How to remove Search Armor (Virus Removal Guide)
Search Armor (also searched for as Search Armor virus) is not a program you want to find on your computer. Search Armor is an advertisement injector program found in the adware and potentially unwanted program (PUP) categories of computer threats. It is typically contracted without user authorization and knowledge. The Search Armor program can automatically install in the background while you work on your computer or browse the web. Once installed, Search Armor will display several types of advertisements that usually say something similar to Ads by Search Armor or brought by Search Armor on them.
Search Armor adware can violate your privacy without your consent because it generates very intrusive advertisements. It generates pop-up and in-text styled advertisements which are defined as ‘targeted’ ads. Targeted style ads are a very big privacy concern because they use your personal browsing information (including all your data on the websites you visit and your browser history) to produce advertisements it feels you are most likely to click on. The adware essentially ‘targets’ you based off your current and past browsing habits.
The “Search Armor virus” is not technically defined as a computer virus but this adware is still a threat to your privacy and can be the sign of a very severe malware infection. In fact, our review of this adware found that it downloaded and installed alongside hundreds of malicious files and unwanted programs, which is more than most common forms of adware. The internet security community strongly recommends that you remove Search Armor if you find it installed on your machine or attached to your internet browser as a browser add-on or extension and use reputable Antivirus or Anti-Malware software to eradicate any existing malicious files.
Search Armor and programs like it are usually contracted without knowledge. Search Armor is often bundled inside third-party software downloaders and bundlers. It may arrive on a computer system once other programs have been introduced to the machine. Software that Search Armor adware may bundle with includes freeware, shareware, and dubious torrent files.
[fancy_box title=”Search Armor overview”]
- Search Armor bundles with other potentially unwanted programs and malware.
- Search Armor is usually bundled inside installers and downloaders distributed as dubious torrents or as freeware programs distributed by websites similar to download.com and softonic.com.
- Search Armor injects visited webpages with pop-up and in-text advertisements.
- Search Armor makes unwanted changes to existing Windows settings (such as Windows registry) and schedules new tasks which allow it to run every time Windows starts and check to see if the program has been disabled. If the program has been disabled it will enable itself to run.
How to remove Search Armor (Virus Removal)
- Option 1: Automatically remove Search Armor virus with Malwarebytes
- Option 2: Manually remove Search Armor
- Option 3: Call Tech Support at 1-866-521-2427
Option 1: Automatically remove Search Armor virus with Malwarebytes
1. We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues while removing this infection. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
2. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.Download “Search Armor” removal tool
3. Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing.
4. Make sure that Malwarebytes has been updated. To ensure it is updated click Update Now on the Dashboard.
5. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
6. When the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button or restart your computer if Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
[note align=”left”]If you are still having issues removing Search Armor we suggest that use a second opinion scanner and removal tool such as HitmanPro to locate and remove any malicious files that may be present.[/note]
Option 2: Manually remove Search Armor
How to uninstall Search Armor
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove program) in the Programs section.
3. Search for Search Armor in the list of installed programs and select it with your mouse, then click Uninstall. You can also double click Search Armor to uninstall it.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find Search Armor in your list of installed program you may need to uninstall additional programs that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove Search Armor below.[/note]
How to remove Search Armor add-ons and extensions
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Search Armor extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the Search Armor add-on and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the Search Armor extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find Search Armor in your list of add-ons and extensions you may need to remove additional attachments that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove Search Armor below.[/note]
Search Armor virus removal tips
- If you do not find Search Armor in your list of installed programs you may need to uninstall additional programs. Additional programs may include suspicious titles that may have been contracted around the same time or after the initial infection.
- If you are still having issues removing Search Armor you should use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3. HitmanPro 3 is the best second opinion scan and removal tool. It can be used to locate and remove remaining threats.
[frame_box] For Tech Support Call: