How to remove ScrollUp (Virus Removal Guide)
ScrollUp might seem like a useful program; However, the program and associated browser attachments are recognized as adware by reputable Anti-Malware products. ScrollUp adware is known to cause a lot of issues for computer and internet users. It can get deep into a Windows operating system and create new tasks which allow it to perform certain functions, it can change internet browser settings, and it displays pop-up and other styled advertisements across Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, and Apple Safari web browsers.
An issue with ads by ScrollUp is that they are defined as targeted advertisements. Targeted advertisements depend on your browsing data to display content it feels you are most likely to click on in order to be created. This means that the adware will obtain access to your browsing data such all the activities on the websites you visit, your browser history, and bookmarks.
|Name||ScrollUp, ScrollUp virus|
|Short Description||The adware is promoted as a free web utility.|
|Symptoms||The user may experience unwanted advertisements in the web browser.|
|Distribution Method||The adware bundles with freeware and dubious files.|
|Detection tool||Download Malware Removal Tool|
What is ScrollUp?
ScrollUp is promoted as a free web utility that contains links to online content and web tools.
ScrollUp Removal Guide
ScrollUp can usually be uninstalled manually from your computer and internet browser. We have provided several steps below the article to show you how remove ScrollUp and other threats. However, if you have clicked on any random ads or have been redirected to suspicious websites, your system may have been exposed to malware and other threats. To make sure your PC is completely clean and your information is protected from cyber criminals, we recommend that you follow all the steps below.
Step 1: Uninstall ScrollUp from Windows
Follow the instructions to uninstall ScrollUp and other programs that it may bundle with from your Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10 computer. If you do not find ScrollUp installed on your computer but still notice unwanted symptoms such as pop-up ads while you browse the web it is recommended to use Malwarebytes and HitmanPro to eradicate troublesome files.
1. Open Windows Start or Task menu and go to the Control Panel (or directly to Programs and Features).
2. In the “Programs” section click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove programs).
3. Search for ScrollUp, Chromium, and other programs in the list of installed programs and double click the program you want to remove to uninstall it. You can also select ScrollUp with your mouse and click the Uninstall button once it appears. Once you have uninstalled ScrollUp look for other unwanted programs in the list of installed programs and uninstall any if they are found. A general tip is to click “Installed On” to locate any programs that installed around the same time.
Step 2: Remove unwanted browser attachments
Follow the instructions to remove ScrollUp add-ons and extensions, as well as other attachments that it may bundle with from Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer & Edge, and Apple Safari. If you do not find a ScrollUp attachments installed on your internet browser but still notice unwanted symptoms such as pop-up ads while you browse the web it is recommended to use Malwarebytes and HitmanPro to eradicate troublesome files. To remove ScrollUp from Microsoft internet browsers you must uninstall the program.
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the ScrollUp extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the ScrollUp add-on and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the ScrollUp extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
Step 3: Remove ScrollUp with Malwarebytes
Follow the instructions to remove ScrollUp with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
1. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
[button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=http%3a%2f%2fdownloads.malwarebytes.org%2ffile%2fmbam%2f&redirecthash=79CD12ECAB939D32967B5D05C6C86E32″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#c71414″ hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”false”]Download Malwarebytes[/button]
2. Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing.
3. Make sure that Malwarebytes has been updated. To ensure it is updated click Update Now on the Dashboard.
4. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
5. When the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button or restart your computer if Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
Step 4: Remove ScrollUp with HitmanPro
Follow the instructions to remove ScrollUp with HitmanPro second-opinion software.
1. Download and install HitmanPro second opinion scanner and removal tool.
[button link=”https://www.cleverbridge.com/747/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=http%3a%2f%2fdl.surfright.nl%2fHitmanPro.exe” align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#0015ff” hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”false”]Download HitmanPro[/button]
3. Once Hitman Pro is installed, open the program and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may chose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
4. When the scan is complete, click the Next button again to delete any threats or traces on your system.
5. If you are initially using the free version, to activate it, enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
6. Restart your computer by selecting Reboot.
Step 5: Clean and repair your computer with CCleaner
Follow the instructions to clean your computer and repair your computer’s settings.
[button link=”https://secure.piriform.com/502/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=https%3a%2f%2fwww.piriform.com%2fccleaner%2fdownload%2fprofessional” align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#0015ff” hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”false”]Download CCleaner[/button]
2. Once installed, open the program and go to the main Cleaner screen and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries. If you find any thing suspicious click it and click the Delete button to remove it.
4. Finally, go to the Registry window and click the Scan for Issues button. When the scan is complete click the Fix selected issues… button and click Fix All Selected Issues.