How to remove RightCoupon (Virus Removal Guide)
RightCoupon (Right Coupon) is the title of an adware program and software embedded advertising platform, detected as a potentially unwanted program (PUP) and malware by most security vendors. RightCoupon displays a variety of advertisements on Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer, including pop-up ads that say Powdered by RightCoupon by utilizing malicious browser helper objects (BHOs), add-ons, and extensions.
RightCoupon is considered dangerous because the adware program and platform primarily bundles alongside or inside third-party malware in order to serve targeted advertisements. Third-party malware this adware bundles with may include trojan horses, hijackers, and spyware that may collect a prohibited amount of user data, install additional malware, cause browser redirects, and corrupt internet proxy settings.
Most advertisement blocking programs will not block ads powered by RightCoupon because of its use of browser helper objects and embedded script placed in third-party software. The adware may not be browser based. Some pop-up advertisements may also appear while a user is offline.
In most cases there is not a program titled RightCoupon installed on Windows. The program may not be found in the Control Panel. Instead, this program and platform may bundle with third-party malware such as CostMin and others. Removing and uninstalling third-party applications will sometimes get rid of RightCoupon ads and stop other problems from occurring; However, this will not fix corrupted internet browser settings or repair corrupted proxy settings.
How to remove the RightCoupon virus
- Option 1: RightCoupon Removal Software & Tools – This first option details how to remove RightCoupon malware using the free or full versions of Hitman Pro software and/or CCleaner by Piriform.
- Option 2: Manually remove RightCoupon – This second option details how to manually uninstall RightCoupon and remove unwanted browser attachments
- For Tech Support – Call 1-888-879-0084 and they will kindly assist you with removing this computer infection.
1. RightCoupon Removal Software & Tools
Use the instructions below to automatically remove RightCoupon and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
Hitman Pro by SurfRight
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or purchase the full version of Hitman Pro software.
3. Once Hitman Pro is installed, open the program and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may chose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
4. When the scan is complete, click the Next button again to delete any threats or traces on your system.
5. If you are initially using the free version, to activate it, enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
6. Restart your computer by selecting Reboot.
Your computer should now be clean of threats, tracking cookies, malware, and other unwanted traces.
CCleaner by Piriform
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall RightCoupon adware and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall RightCoupon and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for RightCoupon, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manually Remove RightCoupon
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall RightCoupon adware from Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8.
- It may be necessary to uninstall third-party software.
How to uninstall RightCoupon
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to access the Windows 8 Start Menu).
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for RightCoupon and other potentially unwanted software. Once the adware program is located, double click the unwanted program(s) or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button.
How to remove RightCoupon add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions below to remove RightCoupon add-ons and extensions from Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer.
- It may be necessary to remove third-party browser attachments.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the RightCoupon extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the RightCoupon add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the RightCoupon add-on and remove it if located.