How to remove Record Checker (Virus Removal Guide)
Record Checker virus
Record Checker virus (RecordChecker virus) is a term often used to identify a Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP) found in the adware and a browser hijacker categories of computer infections, risks, and threats. Potential Record Checker malware has been reported by users to change existing internet browser settings of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, and other internet browsers by utilizing Windows software, including browser helper objects (BHOs), as well as browser attachments including add-ons, extensions, and plugins.
Record Checker is promoted as a free download that will assist users in checking online records, including criminal records, bank history, and more; However, this program and associated programs that may bundle with this item have been reported by users and security specialist to change homepages, start pages, default, managed, and provided search engines, browser shortcuts, and new tab settings of internet browsers that it connects to. This causes infected internet browsers to start up on and redirect to unwanted search engines when a user boots a browser, opens a new browser window, or searches the internet using the browser address bar.
Record Checker may also bundle with third-party programs such as V9 Uninstaller that have additional permissions.
Record Checker and associated programs may also observe and collect user information used to display targeted advertisements. This information may also be submitted to third-party marketing and mailing lists which can result in unwanted email spam, junk mail, and phone calls from telemarketers.
Record Checker adware may generate pop-under advertisements that take up an entire browser window or browser tab, generic banner and skyscraper advertisements, in-text ads that pop-up when a user hovers over hyper-linked text, and/or pop-up advertisements that appear when a user hovers over images with their mouse pointer. Most of these advertisements will say something similar to “brought by Record Checker” or “Record Checker Deals.”
How does the Record Checker virus get onto a computer?
Record Checker primarily bundles with third-party freeware and shareware distributed by websites such as download.com and can also be contracted from advertisements, torrents, and other items located and distrusted by media related similar to thepiratebay.se.
Users are sometimes given the opportunity to accept or decline an offer to install Record Checker software and other items during the setup and/or installation process of third-party software; However, the request to decline the offer is often ignored or presented in a very confusing manner or may download against the denial request depending on the download manager used.
How to remove Record Checker virus
- Option 1: Record Checker Removal Software & Tools – This first option details how to remove Record Checker malware using the free or full versions of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software and/or CCleaner by Piriform.
- Option 2: How to manually remove Record Checker – This second option details how to manually uninstall Record Checker and remove unwanted browser attachments
- For Tech Support – Call 1-888-879-0084 and they will kindly assist you with removing this computer infection.
This is a comprehensive removal guide that includes automatic (option 1) and manual removal instructions (option 2). To quickly view a specific guide on this page, you have the option to click a link from the removal options provided above.
Option 1. Record Checker Removal Software & Tools
Use the instructions below to automatically remove Record Checker and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or purchase the full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program and update the database if needed.
4. On the Dashboard click the large green Scan Now button.
5. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may state that potential malware or malware was detected. Click the Apply All Action button.
6. If files were quarantined, visit the History section and remove all files in the Quarantine selection.
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall Record Checker adware and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall Record Checker and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for Record Checker, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall Record Checker adware from Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8.
How to uninstall Record Checker
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to access the Windows 8 Start Menu).
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for Record Checker and other potentially unwanted software. Once the adware program is located, double click the unwanted program(s) or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button.
How to remove Record Checker add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions below to remove Record Checker add-ons and extensions from Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. It may be necessary to remove third-party browser attachments.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Record Checker extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the Record Checker add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the Record Checker add-on and remove it if located.