How to remove the Rapid-Searcher virus (Redirect Removal)
The Rapid-Searcher virus (also found as the Rapid-Searcher.com virus, Rapid-Searcher Search Engine, Rapid-Searcher toolbar, Rapid-Searcher redirect virus, and other terms; though not technically a virus) is potential malware or a potentially unwanted program (PUP) categorized as adware, browser hijacker and spyware that installs to a Microsoft Windows computer and attaches to Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, and Google Chrome as a browser add-on, browser helper object (BHO), and extension with or without user consent.
The Rapid-Searcher.com add-on and extension possibly titled “Rapid-Searcher Toolbar” changes internet browser settings including the homepage (start page) and internal search engines for affected browsers (default, managed, and provided search engines). This causes internet browsers to redirect to http://www.rapid-searcher.com/ and start-up on the Rapid-Searcher search engine when users open a new window or tab.
Once Rapid-Searcher Toolbar (or similar) is installed the potential malware will begin to corrupt existing internet browser settings, install additional malware, and collect sensitive user information; including data manually submitted online such as your name, home address, telephone number, email address, browser activity, browser history, and more.
Third-party reports suggest that if software that causes your internet browser to redirect to http://www.rapid-searcher.com is installed on your computer system and attached to your internet browser you are at higher risk of cyber crimes including credit theft, extortion, and identity theft.
The Rapid-Searcher virus may redirect users to additional websites. Search results displayed by the search engine contain suspicious sponsored links and website results.
How does the Rapid-Searcher virus get onto a computer?
Items used to promote the Rapid-Searcher.com redirect virus, such as Rapid-Searcher Toolbar can be manually and voluntarily downloaded from a variety of questionable websites including download.com; however, Rapid-Searcher primarily bundles with freeware and shareware using aggressive and confusing marketing tactics.
Some users are given the opportunity to accept or decline an offer to install unwanted software and change their home page and search engine to the Rapid-Searcher.com search engine, but the request to decline the offer is often ignored or represented in a confusing manner.
How to remove the Rapid-Searcher virus
- Automatically remove Rapid-Searcher.com – Scan for and automatically remove Rapid-Searcher.com and third-party malware
- Manually remove Rapid-Searcher.com – Remove/Uninstall Rapid-Searcher.com supported software such as Rapid-Searcher Toolbar and third-party malware (if necessary)
- For Tech Support – Call 1-888-986-8411 and they will kindly assist you with removing this infection
1. Automatic Rapid-Searcher virus removal
Use the instructions below to automatically remove Rapid-Searcher and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, make sure to do so.
4. On the first tab labeled “Scanner” select the Perform full scan option and click the Scan button to perform a full system scan. Malwarebytes will automatically detect malware infecting the computer system.
5. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer (the image below shows a file that is NOT selected) or click the Delete button to remove quarantined files.
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall the Rapid-Searcher hijacker and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall Rapid-Searcher.com supported software such as Rapid-Searcher Toolbar, Search Protect, Conduit Toolbar, and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for software used to support www.Rapid-Searcher.com, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manual Rapid-Searcher virus removal
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall Rapid-Searcher Toolbar and third-party bloatware using generic Microsoft Windows removal procedures.
How to uninstall Rapid-Searcher Toolbar
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for Rapid-Searcher.com supported software such as Rapid-Searcher Toolbar and other potentially unwanted software. Once located, double click the unwanted programs to uninstall them or highlight the item in the list and click the Uninstall button.
How to remove Rapid-Searcher Toolbar add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions to remove Rapid-Searcher Toolbar add-ons and extension. Please note, it may be necessary to remove different attachments than suggested andmultiple third-party items.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Rapid-Searcher extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to them.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the Rapid-Searcher add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the Rapid-Searcher add-on and remove it if located.
How to remove Rapid-Searcher search engine
- In Mozilla Firefox, click the small search magnify glass near the search box (not url/search field) and click “Manage Search Engines…”. Remove Rapid-Searcher search engine from the list of search providers by highlighting the selection and clicking remove.
- In Microsoft Internet Explorer navigate to Tools > Manage Add Ons > Search Providers and remove Rapid-Searcher search engine from the list.
- In Google Chrome, click the customize icon (wrench or 3 bars) and navigate to Settings > Manage search engines… click the X next to Rapid-Searcher search engine to remove it.
Please note, If http://www.Rapid-Searcher.com/ is set as Google Chrome’s default search engine, add (or select) a new search engine (such as Google.com) and select the new search engine as the default search engine, then remove the unwanted search engine by clicking the X next to it.
How to remove www.Rapid-Searcher.com homepage
- In Mozilla Firefox navigate to Tools > Options or click Firefox in the top left corner and click Options > Options. Under the General tab remove www.Rapid-Searcher.com from the “Home Page:” field and replace it with your preferred home page URL.
- In Microsoft Internet Explorer navigate to Tools >Internet Options. Remove www.Rapid-Searcher.com from the Home Page field and replace it with your preferred URL.
- In Google Chrome click the customize icon (wrench or 3 bars) and navigate to Settings.Click “Set pages” under the On startup option. Remove www.Rapid-Searcher.com and replace it with your preferred homepage URL.