QwikLinx is a freeware program that is detected as a potentially unwanted program or malware and is found in the adware, browser hijacker, and spyware categories. QwikLinx raises concerns because it collects data from it’s users, displays targeted pop-up advertisements, and changes existing internet browser settings. In turn this program can create additional privacy related issues for computer users as the QwikLinx virus (though not a virus) can violate a person’s civil liberties.
QwikLinx can install to a Microsoft Windows computer and attach to Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Internet Explorer as a browser add-on and extension without direct consent of the user. This may be iniated during the installation process of third-party software, as they may offer this adware program alongside theirs in order to monetize free services.
Some QwikLinx ads are pop-under browser ads that take up an entire browser window or computer screen, in-text ads that say something similar to “Ads by QwikLinx” on them, and/or pop-up advertisements that appear in images and say “brought by QwikLinx” or “QwikLinx Deals” on them.
Many users of QwikLinx and similar adware complain of unwanted email spam, junk mail, and sometimes telephone calls from telemarketers. Once these types of programs get onto a computer, they may begin to collect data that users manually submit online in order to add these users to mailing and marketing lists, inducing the lists of third-party affiliates, contractors, and larger-based partners.
QwikLinx may use several titles in order to change Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer settings. QwikLinx can cause a browser to redirect to unwanted websites and has the capabilities to change the homepage, causing browsers to start-up on unwanted search engines.
How does QwikLinx malware get onto a computer?
QwikLinx malware primarily comes in a bundle with third-party freeware and shareware websites such as download.com and can be found in advertisements and torrents on media websites such as thepiratebay.
Users are sometimes given the opportunity to accept or decline an offer to install QwikLinx software and other items; However, the request to decline the offer is often ignored or presented in a very confusing manner.
QwikLinx software can be manually downloaded from a variety of sources on the web including the company website.
How to remove the QwikLinx virus
- Automatically remove QwikLinx virus – Scan for and automatically remove QwikLinx and third-party malware
- Manually remove QwikLinx virus – Remove/Uninstall QwikLinx and third-party malware (if necessary)
- For Tech Support – Call 1-888-986-8411 and they will kindly assist you with removing this infection
1. Automatic QwikLinx virus removal
Use the instructions below to automatically remove QwikLinx and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, make sure to do so.
4. On the first tab labeled “Scanner” select the Perform full scan option and click the Scan button to perform a full system scan. Malwarebytes will automatically detect malware infecting the computer system.
5. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer.
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall QwikLinx adware and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall QwikLinx and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for QwikLinx, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manual QwikLinx virus removal
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall QwikLinx and third-party software using Microsoft Windows removal procedures.
How to uninstall QwikLinx (QwikLinx Deals)
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for QwikLinx and other potentially unwanted software. Once the adware program is located, double click the unwanted program(s) or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button. Keep in mind that QwikLinx may use a different title name than suggested.
How to remove QwikLinx add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions to remove QwikLinx Deals add-ons, extensions, plug-ins, and toolbars. Please note, it may be necessary to remove multiple third-party items.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the QwikLinx extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the QwikLinx add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the QwikLinx add-on and remove it if located.