Quick Start virus
Quick Start virus (also known as QuickStart) is a potentially unwanted program (PUP) and malware found in the adware and browser hijacker category of computer threats. QuickStart changes existing internet browser settings of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer in order to cause unwanted browser redirects to suspicious websites such as 1istart123.com.
QuickStart mainly uses browser helper objects (BHOs) that install to a Windows operating system. In some cases the program may bundle with third-party browser attachments, such as add-ons and extensions used to collect user information in order to display targeted advertisements on affected internet browsers.
The Quick start extension for Google Chrome has permission to access your data on all websites, read and modify your bookmarks, detect your physical location, read and modify your browsing history, and manage your apps, extensions, and themes.
Advertisements display by this program arrive in a variety of forms, including generic pop-ups, in-text ads, and more. These specific advertisements are often identified by text that says something similar to “Ads by QuickStart,” although these advertisements may be served by additional third-party adware and advertising platforms.
How to remove Quick Start virus
- Option 1: Quick Start Removal Software & Tools – This first option details how to remove Quick Start malware using the free or full versions of Malwarebytes, Hitman Pro, software and/or CCleaner by Piriform.
- Option 2: Manually remove Quick Start – This second option details how to manually uninstall Quick Start and remove unwanted browser attachments
- For Tech Support – Call 1-888-879-0084 and they will kindly assist you with removing this computer infection.
1. Quick Start Removal Software & Tools
Use the instructions below to automatically remove Quick Start and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program and update the database if needed.
4. On the Dashboard click the large green Scan Now button.
5. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer.
Hitman Pro by SurfRight
1. Install the free or purchase the full version of Hitman Pro software.
2. Once Hitman Pro is installed, open the program and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may chose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
3. When the scan is complete, click the Next button again to delete any threats or traces on your system.
4. If you are initially using the free version, to activate it, enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
5. Restart your computer by selecting Reboot.
Your computer should now be clean of threats, tracking cookies, malware, and other unwanted traces.
CCleaner by Piriform
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall Quick Start adware and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall Quick Start and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for Quick Start, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manually Remove Quick Start
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall Quick Start adware from Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8.
How to uninstall Quick Start
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to access the Windows 8 Start Menu).
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for Quick Start and other potentially unwanted software. Once the adware program is located, double click the unwanted program(s) or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button.
How to remove Quick Start add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions below to remove Quick Start add-ons and extensions from Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. It may be necessary to remove third-party browser attachments.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Quick Start extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the Quick Start add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the Quick Start add-on and remove it if located.
How to remove Quick Start search engine
- In Mozilla Firefox, click the small search magnify glass near the search box (not url/search field) and click “Manage Search Engines…”. Remove 1istart123 search engine and other unknown URLs from the list of search providers by highlighting the selections and clicking remove.
- In Microsoft Internet Explorer navigate to Tools > Manage Add Ons > Search Providers and remove 1istart123.com and other unknown URLs from the list.
- In Google Chrome, click the customize icon (wrench or 3 bars) and navigate to Settings > Manage search engines… click the X next to 1istart123.com and other unknown URLs to remove them.
Please note, If http://www.trovi.com/ is set as Google Chrome’s default search engine, add (or select) a new search engine (such as Google.com) and select the new search engine as the default search engine, then remove the unwanted search engine by clicking the X next to it.
How to remove Quick Start homepage
- In Mozilla Firefox navigate to Tools > Options or click Firefox in the top left corner and click Options > Options. Under the General tab remove 1istart123.com and other unknown URLs from the “Home Page:” field and replace them with your preferred home page URL.
- In Microsoft Internet Explorer navigate to Tools >Internet Options. Remove 1istart123.com and other unknown URLs from the Home Page field and replace them with your preferred URL.
- In Google Chrome click the customize icon (wrench or 3 bars) and navigate to Settings.Click “Set pages” under the On startup option. Remove 1istart123.com and other unknown URLs. Replace them with your preferred homepage URL.