The QueenCoupon virus, also titled to as Queen Coupon or qqueencoupoann, is a term used to identify a potentially unwanted program (PUP) found in the adware category that installs to a Microsoft Windows computer system and attaches to Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Internet Explorer as a browser helper object (BHO), add-on, and extension in order to display pop-up targeted advertisements and put a user at risk of other threats.
QueenCoupon adware serves a variety of advertisements by collecting user information, including generic banner and skyscraper advertisements, in-text, in-photo, and drop-down coupons. In most QueenCoupon ads can be recognized by text that says something similar to Ads by QueenCoupon or Ads brought by qqueencoupoann. In other cases, this program may broadcast third-party advertisements served by platforms such as Topic Torch.
Separate from unwanted advertisements, this program alongside third-party software may cause other issues by changing or corrupting existing internet browser settings in order to cause undesirable browser redirects and start-ups.
How does QueenCoupon malware get onto a computer?
QueenCoupon (qqueencoupoann malware) primarily bundles with third-party freeware. Such freeware can be found on websites including download.com; However, suspicious third-party download managers that occupy media related websites are often the guilty parties.
In most cases a user may be given the opportunity to accept or decline an offer to install this adware and other items, although the offer may be presented in a confusing manner, or the program used to instigate the offer will ignore the request to decline.
How to remove the QueenCoupon virus
- Option 1: QueenCoupon Removal Software & Tools – This first option details how to remove QueenCoupon malware using the free or full versions of Hitman Pro software and/or CCleaner by Piriform.
- Option 2: Manually remove QueenCoupon – This second option details how to manually uninstall QueenCoupon and remove unwanted browser attachments
- For Tech Support – Call 1-888-879-0084 and they will kindly assist you with removing this computer infection.
1. QueenCoupon Removal Software & Tools
Use the instructions below to automatically remove QueenCoupon and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
Hitman Pro by SurfRight
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or purchase the full version of Hitman Pro software.
3. Once Hitman Pro is installed, open the program and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may chose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
4. When the scan is complete, click the Next button again to delete any threats or traces on your system.
5. If you are initially using the free version, to activate it, enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
6. Restart your computer by selecting Reboot.
Your computer should now be clean of threats, tracking cookies, malware, and other unwanted traces.
CCleaner by Piriform
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall QueenCoupon adware and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall QueenCoupon (qqueencoupoann) and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for QueenCoupon, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manually Remove QueenCoupon
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall QueenCoupon adware from Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8.
How to uninstall QueenCoupon (qqueencoupoann)
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to access the Windows 8 Start Menu).
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for QueenCoupon (qqueencoupoann) and other potentially unwanted software. Once the adware program is located, double click the unwanted program(s) or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button.
How to remove QueenCoupon add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions below to remove QueenCoupon add-ons and extensions from Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. It may be necessary to remove third-party browser attachments.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the QueenCoupon extension (qqueencoupoann) and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the QueenCoupon add-on (qqueencoupoann) and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the QueenCoupon add-on (qqueencoupoann) and remove it if located.