PsdRunner (also found as Psdreuunner) is a potentially unwanted program or malware found in the adware, browser hijacker, and spyware categories. PsdRunner is promoted as a free program and utility for Microsoft Windows: However once installed PsdRunner may attach to Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Internet Explorer as an add-on, BHO, and extension called Psdreuunner.
The PsdRunner adware program is then used to collect user information in order to serve targeted advertisements.
PsdRunner malware will use the collected information in order to display a wide variety of advertisements. Some PsdRunner ads are pop-under browser ads that take up an entire browser window or computer screen, in-text ads that say something similar to “Ads by PsdRunner” on them, and/or pop-up advertisements that appear in images and say “brought by PsdRunner” on them, plus much more.
This program may even use techniques in order to cover legitimate advertisements on third-party websites with their own banners and skyscrappers.
Many users of PsdRunner and similar adware complain of unwanted email spam, junk mail, and sometimes telephone calls from telemarketers. Once these types of programs get onto a computer and attach to affected browsers, they may begin to collect data that users manually submit online in order to add these users to mailing and marketing lists, inducing the lists of third-party affiliates, contractors, and larger-based partners
How does PsdRunner malware get onto a computer?
Users are sometimes given the opportunity to accept or decline an offer to install PsdRunner software and other items; However, the request to decline the offer is often ignored or presented in a very confusing manner.
How to remove the PsdRunner virus
- Automatically remove PsdRunner virus – Scan for and automatically remove PsdRunner and third-party malware
- Manually remove PsdRunner virus – Remove/Uninstall PsdRunner and third-party malware (if necessary)
- For Tech Support – Call 1-888-986-8411 and they will kindly assist you with removing this infection
1. Automatic PsdRunner virus removal
Use the instructions below to automatically remove PsdRunner and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, make sure to do so.
4. On the first tab labeled “Scanner” select the Perform full scan option and click the Scan button to perform a full system scan. Malwarebytes will automatically detect malware infecting the computer system.
5. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer.
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall PsdRunner adware and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall PsdRunner and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for PsdRunner, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manual PsdRunner virus removal
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall PsdRunner and third-party software using Microsoft Windows removal procedures.
How to uninstall PsdRunner
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for PsdRunner (Psdreuunner) and other potentially unwanted software. Once the adware program is located, double click the unwanted program(s) or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button. Keep in mind that PsdRunner may use a different title name than suggested.
How to remove PsdRunner add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions to remove PsdRunner add-ons, extensions, plug-ins, and toolbars. Please note, it may be necessary to remove multiple third-party items.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the PsdRunner extension (Psdreuunner) and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the PsdRunner add-on (Psdreuunner) and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the PsdRunner add-on (Psdreuunner) and remove it if located.