How to remove Pricora (Virus Removal Guide)
What is Pricora?
Pricora is a potentially unwanted program (PUP) and potential malware found in the adware category of computer threats by most trustworthy security products. Pricora is used to access and collect user information, transform existing internet browser settings, and provide advertisements on Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer.
Possible Pricora malware and related programs, including additional browser add-ons and extensions often have the ability to access and acquire user information, such as a user’s comprehensive browsing activity and history, as well as information regarding bookmarks and browser themes. This information is used to serve specific advertisements ranging across multiple internet browsers and may also be submitted to third-party contractors (marketing and mailing lists).
Internet users may also encounter unwanted browser redirects when opening a new browser window, opening a new browser tab, or searching the web using the browser address or omni bar.
Advertisements displayed by this program are sent in many different forms and are often identified by text that says something similar to “Ads by Pricora,” although these advertisements may be served by additional third-party adware and advertising platforms.
Pricora has been found to associate and bundle with additional third-party malware and PUPs during the installation process of third-party freeware promoted by media related websites. In some cases a user may be given the chance to accept or decline an offer to install this item and supplementary programs: However, the request to decline is often ignored.
This Pricora removal guide will help you remove the Pricora virus and uninstall Pricora malware from Windows in order to destroy unwanted pop-up advertisements and browser redirects on Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer.
How to remove Pricora virus
- Option 1: Pricora Removal Software & Tools – This first option details how to remove Pricora malware using the free or full versions of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, Hitman Pro software, and/or CCleaner by Piriform.
- Option 2: Manually remove Pricora – This second option details how to manually uninstall Pricora and remove unwanted browser attachments
- For Tech Support – Call 1-888-879-0084 and they will kindly assist you with removing this computer infection.
1. Pricora Removal Software & Tools
Use the instructions below to automatically remove Pricora and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. *Malwarebytes may automatically begin to update and scan your computer at this point.
4. Once the Malwarebytes program has been open, if a scan has not initiated, please click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to initiate a scan. Before the scan is started Malwarebytes may ask to update the software, make sure to do so if prompted to.
5. Once the scan is complete, click the Quarantine All button to remove the files.
6. You may also chose to visit the History tab and click Delete All to remove these files from the Quarantine log, although these files no longer prove a threat.
CCleaner by Piriform
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall Pricora adware and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall Pricora and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for Pricora, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manually Remove Pricora
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall Pricora adware from Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8.
How to uninstall Pricora
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to access the Windows 8 Start Menu).
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for Pricora and other potentially unwanted software. Once the adware program is located, double click the unwanted program(s) or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button.
How to remove Pricora add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions below to remove Pricora add-ons and extensions from Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. It may be necessary to remove third-party browser attachments.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Pricora extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the Pricora add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the Pricora add-on and remove it if located.