Polished Patterns (Polished Patterns virus, PolishedPatterns) is deceptive adware and a potentially unwanted program (PUP) that usually infiltrates a computer system and affected internet browsers without your knowledge. Once Polished Patterns adware has entered your machine it will create new tasks which allow it to run every time Windows starts and remain enabled. The adware will then access and collect your user browsing data such as all browsing activities (web searches, information you submit into online forms, content on the websites you visit), bookmarks, and history, and will use the data to produce ‘targeted’ advertisements it feels you are most likely to click on based off your current and past browsing habits. Information it collects can also be used for other marketing purposes and shared with unknown third-parties.
Polished Patterns adware is not technically defined as a computer virus but this adware is still a threat to your privacy and can be the sign of a severe malware infection. The internet security community strongly recommends that you remove Polished Patterns if you find it installed on your machine or attached to your internet browser as a browser add-on or extension and use reputable Antivirus or Anti-Malware software to eradicate any existing malicious files. [fancy_box title=”Polished Patterns overview”]
- Polished Patterns bundles with other potentially unwanted programs and malware.
- Polished Patterns is usually bundled inside installers and downloaders distributed as dubious torrents or as freeware programs distributed by websites similar to download.com and softonic.com.
- Polished Patterns injects visited webpages with pop-up and in-text advertisements.
- Polished Patterns makes unwanted changes to existing Windows settings and schedules new tasks which allow it to run every time Windows starts and check to see if the program has been disabled. If the program is disabled it will enable itself.
Remove Polished Patterns (Guide)
[list style=”pointer” color=”red”]
- Option 1: Automatically remove Polished Patterns with Malwarebytes
- Option 2: Manually remove Polished Patterns
- Option 3: Call Tech Support 1-888-986-8411
Option 1: Automatically remove Polished Patterns with Malwarebytes
1. We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues while removing this infection. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems you may face.
2. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
[button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=http%3a%2f%2fdownloads.malwarebytes.org%2ffile%2fmbam%2f&redirecthash=79CD12ECAB939D32967B5D05C6C86E32″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#c71414″ hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”false”]Download “Polished Patterns” removal tool[/button]
3. Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing.
4. Make sure that Malwarebytes has been updated. To ensure it is updated click Update Now on the Dashboard.
5. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
6. When the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button or restart your computer if Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
[note align=”left”]If you are still having issues removing Polished Patterns we suggest that use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3 to locate and remove any computer infection that may be present. You may also proceed to option 2 below and view our additional tips to remove Polished Patterns.[/note]
Option 2: Manually remove Polished Patterns
How to uninstall Polished Patterns
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove program) in the Programs section.
3. Search for Polished Patterns in the list of installed programs and select it with your mouse, then click Uninstall. You can also double click Polished Patterns to uninstall it.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find Polished Patterns in your list of installed program you may need to uninstall additional programs that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove Polished Patterns below.[/note]
How to remove Polished Patterns add-ons and extensions
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Polished Patterns extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the Polished Patterns add-on and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the Polished Patterns extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find Polished Patterns in your list of add-ons and extensions you may need to remove additional attachments that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove Polished Patterns below.[/note]
Tips to remove Polished Patterns
- If you do not find Polished Patterns in your list of installed programs you may need to uninstall additional programs. Additional programs may include suspicious titles that may have been contracted around the same time or after the initial infection.
- If you are still having issues removing Polished Patterns you should use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3. HitmanPro 3 is the best second opinion scan and removal tool. It can be used to locate and remove remaining threats.
- If you need help our tech support team is standing by 24 hours a day. You can reach tech support at: 1-888-986-8411