Pine Tree (also searched for as Pine Tree virus) is a deceptive adware and a potentially unwanted program (PUP) that can sneak its way onto your computer alongside other PUPs and malware, access your browsing data, change existing internet browser settings, cause unwanted browser redirects to sponsored webpages, and generate pop-up advertisements. Aside from these problems, Pine Tree can also cause your computer to become slow and sluggish.
What is Pine Tree?
Pine Tree is typically promoted by third-party software downloaders and bundlers as a program that implements dynamic content and tools to boost your browsing experience. It claims to enable special offers, coupons, and comparison shopping, which is a fancy way of calling itself adware.
Potential Pine Tree malware generates pop-up ads across Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer and Edge, and Apple Safari. Ads by Pine Tree are defined as ‘targeted’ ads because they use your personal browsing information (including all your data on the websites you visit) to produce advertisements it feels you are most likely to click on. The adware basically ‘targets’ you and your current and past browsing habits.
This program can also change your existing internet browser settings, which cases affected internet browsers to start-up on and redirect to sponsored websites such as www-searching.com.
Pine Tree adware is not technically defined as a computer virus but this adware is still a threat to your privacy and can be the sign of a severe malware infection. The internet security community strongly recommends that you remove Pine Tree if you find it installed on your machine or attached to your internet browser as a browser add-on or extension and use reputable Antivirus or Anti-Malware software to eradicate any existing malicious files.
Pine Tree and programs like it are usually contracted without knowledge. Pine Tree is often bundled inside third-party software downloaders and bundlers. It may arrive on a computer system once other programs have been introduced to the machine. Software that Pine Tree adware may bundle with includes freeware, shareware, and dubious torrent files.
This comprehensive Pine Tree removal guide will help you remove Pine Tree virus from your PC and get rid of ads by Pine Tree on Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Edge, and Safari.
Remove Pine Tree (Virus Removal Guide)
- Step 1: Uninstall Pine Tree
- Step 2: Scan your computer and remove Pine Tree with Malwarebytes
- Call Tech Support: 1-888-986-8411
Step 1: Uninstall Pine Tree
1. We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues while removing this infection. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
2. Open Windows Start/Task Menu and go to the Control Panel.
3. Click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove program) in the Programs section.
4. Search for Pine Tree in the list of installed programs and select it with your mouse, then click Uninstall. You can also double click Pine Tree to uninstall it.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find Pine Tree in your list of installed program you may need to uninstall additional programs that may have bundled with it.[/note]
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Pine Tree extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the Pine Tree add-on and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the Pine Tree extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
Step 2: Scan your computer and remove Pine Tree with Malwarebytes
1. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
[button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=http%3a%2f%2fdownloads.malwarebytes.org%2ffile%2fmbam%2f&redirecthash=79CD12ECAB939D32967B5D05C6C86E32″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#c71414″ hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”false”]Download “Pine Tree” removal tool[/button]
2. Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing.
3. Make sure that Malwarebytes has been updated. To ensure it is updated click Update Now on the Dashboard.
4. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
5. When the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button or restart your computer if Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
[note align=”left”]If you are still having issues removing Pine Tree we suggest that use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3 to locate and remove any computer infection that may be present.[/note]
Pine Tree virus removal tips
- If you do not find Pine Tree in your list of installed programs you may need to uninstall additional programs. Additional programs may include suspicious titles that may have been contracted around the same time or after the initial infection.
- If you are still having issues removing Pine Tree you should use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3. HitmanPro 3 is the best second opinion scan and removal tool. It can be used to locate and remove remaining threats.
- If you need help our tech support team is standing by 24 hours a day. You can reach tech support at: 1-888-986-8411