How to remove PhotoFriendly (Virus Removal Guide)
PhotoFriendly is a browser extension and helper object created by MindSpark. The extension is recognized as adware by reputable security software companies. The extension modifies browser settings and Windows registry. It also serves advertisements across Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Apple Safari, and other web browsers. The adware is not essentially considered malicious, but it may cause several issues and bundle with other unwanted programs and malware.
PhotoFriendly Toolbar (Screenshot)
What is PhotoFriendly?
PhotoFriendly is promoted on its official website and other locations around the web as a free browser toolbar that displays at the top of an open browser window and provides links to edit your photos. However, even if PhotoFriendly does what it is promoted to do, the user can be affected because of its data collection policy and changes to existing internet browser settings. The extension may also promote itself as something that it is not, such as a free video player or media codec in order to trick users into installing it.
PhotoFriendly Removal Options
PhotoFriendly can be uninstalled manually from your computer and internet browser. We have provided several steps below the article to show you how remove PhotoFriendly and other threats. However, if you have clicked on any random ads or have been redirected to suspicious websites, your system may have been exposed to malware and other threats. To make sure your PC is completely clean and your information is protected from cyber criminals, we recommend that you follow all the steps below.
Step 1: Uninstall PhotoFriendly from Windows
Follow the instructions to uninstall PhotoFriendly and other programs that it may bundle with from your Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10 computer. If you do not find PhotoFriendly installed on your computer but still notice unwanted symptoms such as pop-up ads while you browse the web it is recommended to use Malwarebytes and HitmanPro to eradicate troublesome files.
1. Open Windows Start or Task menu and go to the Control Panel (or directly to Programs and Features).
2. In the “Programs” section click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove programs).
3. Search for PhotoFriendly and other programs in the list of installed programs and double click the program you want to remove to uninstall it. You can also select PhotoFriendly with your mouse and click the Uninstall button once it appears. Once you have uninstalled PhotoFriendly look for other unwanted programs in the list of installed programs and uninstall any if they are found. A general tip is to click “Installed On” to locate any programs that installed around the same time.
Step 2: Remove PhotoFriendly add-ons and extensions
Follow the instructions to remove PhotoFriendly add-ons and extensions, as well as other attachments that it may bundle with from Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer & Edge, and Apple Safari. If you do not find a PhotoFriendly attachments installed on your internet browser but still notice unwanted symptoms such as pop-up ads while you browse the web it is recommended to use Malwarebytes and HitmanPro to eradicate troublesome files. To remove PhotoFriendly from Microsoft internet browsers you must uninstall the program.
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the PhotoFriendly extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the PhotoFriendly add-on and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the PhotoFriendly extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
Step 3: Remove PhotoFriendly with Malwarebytes
Follow the instructions to remove PhotoFriendly with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
1. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
2. Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing.
3. Make sure that Malwarebytes has been updated. To ensure it is updated click Update Now on the Dashboard.
4. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
5. When the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button or restart your computer if Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
Step 4: Remove PhotoFriendly with HitmanPro
Follow the instructions to remove PhotoFriendly with HitmanPro second-opinion software.
1. Download and install HitmanPro second opinion scanner and removal tool.
3. Once Hitman Pro is installed, open the program and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may chose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
4. When the scan is complete, click the Next button again to delete any threats or traces on your system.
5. If you are initially using the free version, to activate it, enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
6. Restart your computer by selecting Reboot.
Step 5: Clean and repair your computer with CCleaner
Follow the instructions to clean your computer and repair your computer’s settings.
[button link=”https://secure.piriform.com/502/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=https%3a%2f%2fwww.piriform.com%2fccleaner%2fdownload%2fprofessional” align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#0015ff” hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”false”]Download CCleaner[/button]
2. Once installed, open the program and go to the main Cleaner screen and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries. If you find any thing suspicious click it and click the Delete button to remove it.
4. Finally, go to the Registry window and click the Scan for Issues button. When the scan is complete click the Fix selected issues… button and click Fix All Selected Issues.