What is PepperZip?
PepperZip by PepperWare Co. (Pepper Zip) is a potentially unwanted program (PUP) often detected as malware in the adware category of computer risks. PepperZip may utilize aggressive marketing tactics to in order to collect user information, change existing internet browser settings, and display targeted advertisements across multiple internet browsers including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox,and Microsoft Internet Explorer.
Potential Pepper Zip malware, also referred to as the PepperZip virus (though not technically a computer virus) primarily infects a computer system alongside third-party PUPs and malware during the installation process of third-party freeware and files found on the internet. During the setup process of freeware a user may be presented with an option to decline or accept an offer to install this program and other applications; However, the request to decline the software is often ignored or displayed in a very confusing manner that makes it difficult to decline the offer.
This program may present itself as a free trial but will automatically claim that “your trial period has expired” and the program needs to be updated by purchasing the item for $14.
If potential PepperZip malware is installed it is likely that additional adware and other categories of computer threats are present on the computer system and attached to Chrome, Firefox, and IE as browser add-ons and extensions. Third-party programs have their own set of permissions, allowing them to access and collect user information and change existing browser settings such as the homepage and search engine. This can cause unwanted browser start-ups and redirects to websites such as istart123.
How to remove the PepperZip virus
- Option 1: PepperZip Removal Software & Tools – This first option details how to remove PepperZip malware using the free or full versions of Hitman Pro software and/or CCleaner by Piriform.
- Option 2: Manually remove PepperZip – This second option details how to manually uninstall PepperZip and remove unwanted browser attachments
- For Tech Support – Call 1-888-879-0084 and they will kindly assist you with removing this computer infection.
1. PepperZip Removal Software & Tools
Use the instructions below to automatically remove PepperZip and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
Hitman Pro by SurfRight
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or purchase the full version of Hitman Pro software.
3. Once Hitman Pro is installed, open the program and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may chose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
4. When the scan is complete, click the Next button again to delete any threats or traces on your system.
5. If you are initially using the free version, to activate it, enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
6. Restart your computer by selecting Reboot.
Your computer should now be clean of threats, tracking cookies, malware, and other unwanted traces.
CCleaner by Piriform
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall PepperZip adware and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall PepperZip by PepperWare Co. and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for PepperZip, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manually Remove PepperZip
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall PepperZip adware from Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8.
How to uninstall PepperZip
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to access the Windows 8 Start Menu).
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for PepperZip by PepperWare Co. and other potentially unwanted software. Once the adware program is located, double click the unwanted program(s) or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button.
How to remove PepperZip add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions below to remove PepperZip add-ons and extensions from Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. It may be necessary to remove third-party browser attachments.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the PepperZip extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the PepperZip add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the PepperZip add-on and remove it if located.