What is PC HealthFix?
PC HealthFix is a potentially unwanted program (PUP) and malware found in the scareware category of possible computer threats. This program is allegedly freeware used to scan and fix system problems, remove malware, and clear junk files in order to boost computer performance; However, this program may essentially be considered non-beneficial and misleading.
Once potential PC HealthFix malware is installed it will begin to scan PC items and categories including system problems, malware, privacy cleaner, security protection, cache and junk files, and windows optimization.
Once the scan is complete, the program will state “PC HealthFix has found the following problems that may decrease your computers performance or decrease its security.” It will claim that a very large amount of issues are found on the computer.
The PC HealthFix scan is found to be misleading since it will not properly identify issues. An example of this is that it will claim that malware has been detected, but will not provide details about what was detected (pictured above). The program will also ask users to active, register, and purchase the program once the scan is complete.
The purchase website attempts to get users to purchase additional software by providing a very small and hard to find option that has been selected. This option is very hard to find and confusing to many visitors and can be found as an unethical marketing practice.
How to remove PC HealthFix virus
- Option 1: PC HealthFix Removal Software & Tools – This first option details how to remove PC HealthFix malware using the free or full versions of Hitman Pro software and/or CCleaner by Piriform.
- Option 2: Manually remove PC HealthFix – This second option details how to manually uninstall PC HealthFix and remove unwanted browser attachments
- For Tech Support – Call 1-888-879-0084 and they will kindly assist you with removing this computer infection.
1. PC HealthFix Removal Software & Tools
Use the instructions below to automatically remove PC HealthFix and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
Hitman Pro by SurfRight
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or purchase the full version of Hitman Pro software.
3. Once Hitman Pro is installed, open the program and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may chose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
4. When the scan is complete, click the Next button again to delete any threats or traces on your system.
5. If you are initially using the free version, to activate it, enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
6. Restart your computer by selecting Reboot.
Your computer should now be clean of threats, tracking cookies, malware, and other unwanted traces.
CCleaner by Piriform
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall PC HealthFix adware and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall PC HealthFix by Avanquest Software and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for PC HealthFix, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manually Remove PC HealthFix
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall PC HealthFix adware from Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8.
How to uninstall PC HealthFix
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to access the Windows 8 Start Menu).
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for PC HealthFix by Avanquest Software (PC HealthFix v3.2) and other potentially unwanted software. Once the adware program is located, double click the unwanted program(s) or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button.
4. A new window will appear. Click the Uninstall Now button to remove this program.
How to remove unwanted add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions below to remove unwanted add-ons and extensions from Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. It may be necessary to remove third-party browser attachments.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the unwanted extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the unwanted add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the unwanted add-on and remove it if located.