How to remove PC Backup 360 (Virus Removal Guide)
PC Backup 360 (also known as PCBackup360) is recognized as adware and a potentially unwanted program. The program is promoted as a free application that stores the files on your computer to be recovered later for backup. However, PC Backup 360 is not essentially free to use which many find deceptive.
Once PC Backup 360 is installed on your computer it will backup the files on your computer to a remote server with your request. However, you cannot recover or control the backed-up files that the program takes from your computer until you purchase the software from the manufacturer. The fact that the program is not free to use is not mentioned prior to allowing the program to scan your computer and acquire every file on it.
To make matters worse, PC Backup 360 is advertisement-supported and it will inject the webpages you visit with pop-up and in-text style advertisements. Additionally, it will show you pop-up advertisements on Windows desktop and various backup alerts, including a deceptive “critical warning” pop-up alert that says “your data is not protected. complete your online backup now.” The keyword being with the PC Backup 360 program is “deceptive” because everything about the program is basically designed to deceive you.
Another additional negative fact about the PCBackup360 program is that it’s not easy to locate on your computer once it has been contracted. Instead of being able to click a PC Backup 360 icon to open the application and use the service it will only send you random pop-up notifications which you cannot disable. There is no executable file int he file folder either. This means that in order to use the PC Backup 360 program you will need to wait for it to display a pop-up message on your computer.
The PC Backup 360 program sent our test machine approximately 3 pop-up messages within a 5 minute window. The first PC Backup 360 message was a “reminder” that said “activate windows backup now.”
Once the PC Backup 360 program is installed it will show you various notifications. If you click one of the notifications the PC Backup 360 interface will appear. The interface will ask you to create a free backup account by handing over your full name and email address.
The program will then begin to scan your computer and backup all your files to a remote location. Once the backup is complete it will then tell you that the program cannot be used unless you activate it by purchasing a license to use their service.
According to the reports we receive most users are unaware that PC Backup 360 is installed on their computers until they receive a pop-up notification from it. The program, advertisements used to promote it, and third-party software bundlers used to promote it can use deceptive and confusing marketing tactics in order to trick users into installing it. The program can also automatically install in the background via a third-party bundler that does not disclose that the program will install beforehand. The blame for the unethical marketing practices used to initially promote PC Backup 360 cannot be entirely placed on the publisher.
Various security programs will detect and remove PC Backup 360. Most security programs, including Malwarebytes will detect this program as a Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP) or generic adware.
Uninstall PC Backup 360
- Right-click Windows start menu and select Programs and Features or open the start menu and go to the Control Panel and click Uninstall a program.
- Find the program you want to uninstall in the list of installed programs and double-click it to begin the uninstall process.
Remove PC Backup 360 with Malwarebytes
- Open your browser window and download Malwarebytes 3.0 Premium or Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free.
- Open the executable file (mb3-setup.exe) to begin installing Malwarebytes.
- Select your language, click Next, then select “I accept the agreement,” click the Next button several times, and then click the Install button to install Malwarebytes. Click Finish once the install process is complete.
- Open Malwarebytes and click the Scan Now button on the Dashboard to begin scanning your computer.
- Click the Quarantine Selected button once the scan is finished.
- If Malwarebytes says “All selected items have been removed successfully. A log file has been saved to the logs folder. Your computer needs to be restarted to complete the removal process. Would you like to restart now?” click the Yes button to restart your computer.
Remove PC Backup 360 with HitmanPro
- Open your browser window and download HitmanPro.
- Open the executable file (hitmanpro_x64.exe or hitmanpro_x32.exe) to begin installing HitmanPro.
- Click the Next button, check “I accept the terms of the license agreement,” and click the Next button again.
- On the Setup page select “Yes, create a copy of HitmanPro so I can regularly scan this computer (recommended)” and add your email address to the registration fields to begin the free trial.
- Click Next to begin scanning your computer.
- Once the Scan results are displayed click the Next button and click the Next button again on the Removal results page.
Clean up and fix issues with CCleaner
- Open your browser window and download CCleaner Professional or CCleaner Free.
- Open the executable file (ccsetup.exe or other) to begin installing CCleaner.
- Click the Install button to begin stalling the program.
- Click Run CCleaner to open the program when installation is complete.
- Select the Cleaner tab and click the Analyze button.
- When the Analyze process is complete click the Run Cleaner button to clean all files.
- Next, select the Registry tab and click the Scan for Issues button to scan for issues in your registry.
- When the scan is complete click the Fix selected Issues button and Fix All Selected Issues button to fix the issues.
- Next, select the Tools tab and click Startup. Examine each area, search for suspicious entries, and delete any suspicious startup entries by selecting the entry and clicking the Delete button.
- Next, click Browser Plugins and search each internet browser for unwanted browser add-ons and extensions. Click the extension you want to delete and click the Delete button to remove it.