The PathMaxx (also found as Pathmaxx Deals) is a potentially unwanted program (PUP) or potential malware categorized as adware, but also found in the browser hijacker, and spyware categories. PathMaxx is freeware that collects user information to display pop-up advertisements. In turn, this program may introduce a user to privacy relating issues concerning the collection and distribution of personal user data.
PathMaxx malware is a unwanted program for the Microsoft Windows Operating System that attaches to Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and/or Internet Explorer as a browser add-on, BHO, and extension.
PathMaxx advertisements come in many different varieties. Some ads can be found when hovering over text, some ads pop out when hovering over images and say “Ads by PathMaxx” or “PathMaxx Deals” on them, and other ads are generic banner and skyscraper advertisements that can cover legitimate websites on reputable websites.
Users of PathMaxx often complain of unwanted email spam, junk mail, and sometimes telephone calls from telemarketers. Once these types of programs get onto a computer, they may begin to collect data that users manually submit online in order to add these users to mailing and marketing lists, inducing the lists of third-party affiliates, contractors, and larger-based partners.
PathMaxx may use several titles in order to change Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer settings. PathMaxx can cause a browser to redirect to unwanted websites and has the capabilities to change the homepage, causing browsers to start-up on unwanted search engines such as awesomehp.com.
How does PathMaxx malware get onto a computer?
Users are sometimes given the opportunity to accept or decline an offer to install PathMaxx software and other items; However, the request to decline the offer is often ignored or presented in a very confusing manner.
PathMaxx software can be manually downloaded from a variety of sources on the web.
How to remove the PathMaxx virus
- Automatically remove PathMaxx virus – Scan for and automatically remove PathMaxx and third-party malware
- Manually remove PathMaxx virus – Remove/Uninstall PathMaxx and third-party malware (if necessary)
- For Tech Support – Call 1-888-986-8411 and they will kindly assist you with removing this infection
1. Automatic PathMaxx virus removal
Use the instructions below to automatically remove PathMaxx and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, make sure to do so.
4. On the first tab labeled “Scanner” select the Perform full scan option and click the Scan button to perform a full system scan. Malwarebytes will automatically detect malware infecting the computer system.
5. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer.
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall PathMaxx adware and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall PathMaxx and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for PathMaxx, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manual PathMaxx virus removal
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall PathMaxx and third-party software using Microsoft Windows removal procedures.
How to uninstall PathMaxx (PathMaxx Deals)
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for PathMaxx and other potentially unwanted software. Once the adware program is located, double click the unwanted program(s) or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button. Keep in mind that PathMaxx may use a different title name than suggested.
How to remove PathMaxx add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions to remove PathMaxx Deals add-ons, extensions, plug-ins, and toolbars. Please note, it may be necessary to remove multiple third-party items.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the PathMaxx extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the PathMaxx add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the PathMaxx add-on and remove it if located.