How to remove the Outfox virus (Removal Guide)
Outfox TV virus
The Outfox virus (also found as the Outfox TV virus, Outfox.tv virus, Outfox.tv redirect virus, Outfox beta, etc.) is potential malware or a PUP categorized as adware, browser hijacker, and spyware that installs to a Microsoft Windows computer and attaches to Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer as a browser add-on, browser helper object (BHO), and extension without user consent in order to redirect users to www.outfox.tv, display pop-up advertisements, and cause other serious complications for computer users.
The Outfox add-on and extension or third-party item such as Search Protect malware used to promote www.outfox.tv (and other websites) changes internet browser settings including the home page (start page) and internal browser search engine (default, managed, and provided search engines. This causes affected browsers to redirect to http://www.outfox.tv/, search.conduit.com, and start-up on the Outfox TV website (that automatically starts playing a video) when users open a new browser window or browser tab.
Once software used to promote the outfox.tv redirect is installed the application will begin to replace existing internet browser settings, install additional software, collect sensitive user information (including data manually submitted online such as your name, home address, telephone number, email address, browser activity and history, and more), display pop-up advertisements, and a dark pop-up bar on the right side of Windows desktop that says “outfox FREE TV” and contains a drop-down menu, and links to NBC, NBC Nightly News, Alternative Press, Sesame Stree, ellen, IGN, UFC, NFL, and more.
Outfox malware may also collect information and use additional techniques to collect customer information or persuade victims to purchase sponsored and/or non-beneficial software. This is why many vendors may consider such websites as adware and spyware.
If software that causes your internet browser to redirect to http://www.outfox.tv is installed on your computer system and attached to your internet browser you are at higher risk of cyber crimes involving credit theft, extortion, identity theft, and others. Even though these crimes are rare, this particular category of malware leaves users at a much higher risk if the software was never introduced to the computer system.
Outfox may be very difficult to uninstall. In most cases Outfox will not allow you to uninstall it by simply using the Control Panel. When the program is hovered over in the list of software in the Control Panel, the words “change” opposed to “uninstall” appear. If this is the case we have listed several options to remove and troubleshoot the removal of the Outofox TV virus.
How does the Outfox TV virus get onto a computer?
Outfox malware can be manually and voluntarily installed from a variety of questionable websites similar to download.com and may be present in advertisements on websites such as thepiratebay.se; however, Outfox primarily bundles with freeware and shareware, including aggressive installers that do not allow the user to cancel download.
Some users are given the opportunity to accept or decline an offer to install unwanted software and change their home page and search engine to the outfox.tv website, but the request to decline the offer is often ignored or represented in a confusing manner by the developer or distributor.
How to remove the Outfox virus
- Automatically remove the Outfox virus - Scan for and automatically remove Outfox TV and third-party malware
- Manually remove the Outfox virus - Remove/Uninstall Outfox TV supported software and third-party malware (if necessary)
- For Tech Support - Call 1-888-986-8411 and they will kindly assist you with removing this infection
1. Automatic Outfox virus removal
Use the instructions below to automatically remove Outfox and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
If you need help give us a call!
2. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, make sure to do so.
4. On the first tab labeled “Scanner” select the Perform full scan option and click the Scan button to perform a full system scan. Malwarebytes will automatically detect malware infecting the computer system.
5. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer (the image below shows a file that is NOT selected) or click the Delete button to remove quarantined files.
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall the Outfox hijacker and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall Outfox supported software such as Trovi Toolbar, Search Protect, Conduit Toolbar, and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for software used to support www.outfox.tv, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manual Outfox virus removal
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall Outfox supported software and third-party software using generic Microsoft Windows removal procedures.
How to uninstall Outfox TV
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for Outfox TV supported software such as Linkey and other potentially unwanted software. Once located, double click the unwanted programs or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button.
Uninstall Outfox: Troubleshoot
Outfox may be difficult to uninstall from Window’s control panel. If this is the case you may need to access the Outofox folder to uninstall the program. Use the instructions and video below to trouble shoot the removal process of this malware.
- Go to C: > Program Files > Outfox > and click the uninstaller.exe file or similar file.
How to remove Outfox add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions to remove Outfox add-ons and extension. Please note, it may be necessary to remove different attachments than suggested and multiple third-party items.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Outfox extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to them.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the Outfox add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the Outfox add-on and remove it if located.
How to remove Outfox.tv homepage
- In Mozilla Firefox navigate to Tools > Options or click Firefox in the top left corner and click Options > Options. Under the General tab remove outfox.tv from the “Home Page:” field and replace it with your preferred home page URL.
- In Microsoft Internet Explorer navigate to Tools >Internet Options. Remove outfox.tv from the Home Page field and replace it with your preferred URL.
- In Google Chrome click the customize icon (wrench or 3 bars) and navigate to Settings.Click “Set pages” under the On startup option. Remove outfox.tv and replace it with your preferred homepage URL.