How to remove On Stage (Virus Removal Guide)
How to remove On Stage (Virus Removal Guide)
The “On Stage virus” (also searched for as OnStage virus) is a misused term often used to identify an adware type program and browser plugin that is known to infiltrate a computer system and affected internet browsers without your consent or knowledge. Once On Stage adware has entered a machine it will access and gather an excessive amount of your personal user browsing data, corrupt your existing internet browser settings (including your homepage, default search engine, and browser shortcut), and will ultimately inject the webpages you visit with deceptive ‘targeted’ style pop-up advertisements.
The On Stage virus serves deceptive and intrusive pop-up ads across Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, and Apple Safari internet browsers. The ads it displays are known as ‘targeted’ ads because they need to use your browsing information like your browser history and bookmarks to produce advertisements it feels you are most likely to click on. The adware essentially ‘targets’ you based off your past browsing habits, as well as the content on the webpage you are currently viewing.
On Stage adware is not technically defined as a computer virus but this adware is still a threat to your privacy and can be the sign of a severe malware infection. The internet security community strongly recommends that you remove On Stage if you find it installed on your machine or attached to your internet browser as a browser add-on or extension and use reputable Antivirus or Anti-Malware software to eradicate any existing malicious files.
What is On Stage?
On Stage is usually promoted as a web shopping utility that can help you find online deals and coupons relative to the content you are viewing or have viewed online.
How did On Stage get on my computer?
On Stage and programs like it are usually contracted without knowledge. On Stage is often bundled inside third-party software downloaders and bundlers. It may arrive on a computer system once other programs have been introduced to the machine. Software that On Stage adware may bundle with includes freeware, shareware, and dubious torrent files.
[fancy_box title=”On Stage overview”]
- On Stage bundles with other potentially unwanted programs and malware.
- On Stage is usually bundled inside installers and downloaders distributed as dubious torrents or as freeware programs distributed by websites similar to download.com and softonic.com.
- On Stage injects visited webpages with pop-up and in-text advertisements.
- On Stage makes unwanted changes to existing Windows settings and schedules new tasks which allow it to run every time Windows starts and check to see if the program has been disabled. If the program is disabled it will enable itself.
How to remove On Stage (Removal)
[list style=”pointer” color=”red”]
- Option 1: Automatically remove On Stage with Malwarebytes
- Option 2: Manually remove On Stage
- Option 3: Call Tech Support 1-888-986-8411
Option 1: Automatically remove On Stage with Malwarebytes
1. We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues while removing this infection. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems you may face.
2. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
[button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=http%3a%2f%2fdownloads.malwarebytes.org%2ffile%2fmbam%2f&redirecthash=79CD12ECAB939D32967B5D05C6C86E32″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#c71414″ hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”false”]Download “On Stage” removal tool[/button]
3. Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing.
4. Make sure that Malwarebytes has been updated. To ensure it is updated click Update Now on the Dashboard.
5. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
6. When the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button or restart your computer if Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
[note align=”left”]If you are still having issues removing On Stage we suggest that use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3 to locate and remove any computer infection that may be present. You may also proceed to option 2 below and view our additional tips to remove On Stage.[/note]
Option 2: Manually remove On Stage
How to uninstall On Stage
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove program) in the Programs section.
3. Search for On Stage in the list of installed programs and select it with your mouse, then click Uninstall. You can also double click On Stage to uninstall it.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find On Stage in your list of installed program you may need to uninstall additional programs that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove On Stage below.[/note]
How to remove On Stage add-ons and extensions
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the On Stage extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the On Stage add-on and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the On Stage extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find On Stage in your list of add-ons and extensions you may need to remove additional attachments that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove On Stage below.[/note]
Tips to remove On Stage
- If you do not find On Stage in your list of installed programs you may need to uninstall additional programs. Additional programs may include suspicious titles that may have been contracted around the same time or after the initial infection.
- If you are still having issues removing On Stage you should use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3. HitmanPro 3 is the best second opinion scan and removal tool. It can be used to locate and remove remaining threats.
- If you need help our tech support team is standing by 24 hours a day. You can reach tech support at: 1-888-986-8411