OMG Music Plus virus
The OMG Music Plus virus (also found as the OMG Music virus, OMGMusicPlus virus, etc.; though not technically a computer virus) is potential malware categorized as adware, a browser hijacker, and spyware that uses aggressive marketing techniques in order to install itself onto a Microsoft Windows computer system and attach to Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer as a browser add-on, browser helper object (BHO), and extension with or without user consent.
Once OMG Music Plus malware is installed, the ad-supported browser attachment will install third-party software such as Trovi Toolbar and Social Privacy DNS (which reforms proxy settings to restrict access to the internet), attempt to display targeted advertisements for searched items or currently viewed products on retail websites, and will changes internet browser settings. This may cause browser redirects to trovi.com, search.conduit.com, and other websites.
OMG Music Plus malware and third-party items have also been reported to submit collected user information to third-party marketing and mailing lists without user consent. Some users have reported unwanted email spam, junk mail, and have even complained of unwanted telephone calls from telemarketers concerning their recent browser activity and history.
The OMG Music Plus virus will allow third-party malware to infect a computer system.
Please note that OMG Music browser attachments do not likely install as a BHO; instead, primarily as a browser add-on and extension. This means that the application may not be present in the Control Panel list of programs to uninstall.
How does OMG Music Plus malware get onto a computer?
OMG Music Plus often bundles with third-party freeware and shareware, as well as torrents from websites such as download.com and thepiratebay. OMG Music Plus is also aggressively marketed through a serious of “looping” or redirecting websites that may install the software once a user lands on a certain page or clicks a button or suggest that the software is needed.
In some cases users are given the opportunity to accept or decline an offer to install OMG Music Plus and other items; however, the request to decline the offer is often ignored or presented in a very confusing manner.
The cross-browser OMG Music Plus add-on and extension (or BHO) can also be manually and voluntarily downloaded from a variety of unethical sources including the company website.
How to remove OMG Music Plus virus
- Automatically remove OMG Music Plus virus - Scan for and automatically remove OMG Music Plus and third-party malware
- Manually remove OMG Music Plus virus - Remove/Uninstall OMG Music Plus and third-party malware (if necessary)
- For Tech Support - Call 1-888-986-8411 and they will kindly assist you with removing this infection
1. Automatic OMG Music Plus virus removal
Use the instructions below to automatically remove OMG Music Plus malware and third-party parasites, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your internet browsers.
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
If you need help give us a call!
2. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, make sure to do so.
4. On the first tab labeled “Scanner” select the Perform full scan option and click the Scan button to perform a full system scan. Malwarebytes will automatically detect malware infecting the computer system.
5. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer.
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall OMG Music Plus.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall OMG Music Plus and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for OMG Music Plus, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manual OMG Music Plus virus removal
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall OMG Music Plus and third-party software using Microsoft Windows removal procedures.
How to uninstall OMG Music Plus
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for OMG Music Plus and other potentially unwanted software. Once the adware program is located, double click the unwanted program(s) or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button. Keep in mind that OMG Music Plus may use a different title name than suggested.
How to remove OMG Music Plus add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions to remove OMG Music Plus add-ons, extensions, plug-ins, and toolbars. Please note, it may be necessary to remove multiple third-party items.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the OMG Music Plus extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to them.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the OMG Music Plus add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the OMG Music Plus add-on and remove it if located.