How to remove Object Browser (Virus Removal Guide)
What is Object Browser?
Object Browser is a Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP) and malware found in the adware category of computer threats facing the Microsoft Windows Operating System. Many users have reported problems with this program stating that it may be in violation of invading privacy.
Object browser is used to update existing and additional software, including third-party PUPs and malware and is used to severe advertisements across multiple Internet Browsers, such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer.
- This program is known to install without direct user consent or user knowledge.
- This program is associated with other forms of Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUPs) that may also be present on an infected computer system and attached to internet browsers as add-ons, browser helper objects (BHOs), and extensions.
- This program is a cross-browser advertisement-supported program that collects user information in order to display a variety of forms of targeted advertisements.
- This program, alongside third-party items can be used to change existing internet browser settings such as the homepage, browser shortcut, and default, managed, and provided search engine. In turn, this causes browser redirects to suspicious websites like Conduit Search when users search the web using the browser address bar or open a new browser window or tab.
- This program is often referred to as the Object Browser virus; However, this program is not technically a computer virus.
How to remove Object Browser
- Option 1: Object Browser Removal Software & Tools – This first option details how to remove Object Browser malware using the free or full versions of Hitman Pro, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, and/or CCleaner by Piriform.
- Option 2: Manually remove Object Browser – This second option details how to manually uninstall Object Browser and remove unwanted browser attachments
- For Tech Support – Call 1-888-879-0084 and they will kindly assist you with removing this computer infection.
Option 1: Object Browser Removal Software & Tools
Use the instructions below to automatically remove Object Browser and third-party malware using Hitman Pro or Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers using CCleaner by Piriform.
Hitman Pro by SurfRight
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or purchase the full version of Hitman Pro software.
3. Once Hitman Pro is installed, open the program and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may chose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
4. When the scan is complete, click the Next button again to delete any threats or traces on your system.
5. If you are initially using the free version, to activate it, enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
6. Restart your computer by selecting Reboot.
Your computer should now be clean of threats, tracking cookies, malware, and other unwanted traces.
CCleaner by Piriform
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall Object Browser and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for Object Browser, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
Option 2. Manually Remove Object Browser
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall Object Browser adware from Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8.
How to uninstall Object Browser
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to access the Windows 8 Start Menu).
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for Object Browser and other potentially unwanted software. Once the adware program is located, double click the unwanted program(s) or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button.
How to remove Object Browser add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions below to remove Object Browser add-ons and extensions from Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. It may be necessary to remove third-party browser attachments.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Object Browser extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the Object Browser add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the Object Browser add-on and remove it if located.