The NetAssistant virus (also known as Net Assistant or PUP.NetAssistant) is a term for a Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP) and/or potential malware categorized as adware, a browser hijacker, and spyware that primarily installs to a Microsoft Windows Operating System in order to display pop-up advertisements on Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer. NetAssistant may also use add-ons, browser helper objects (BHOs), and extensions to collect user information and serve advertisements on affected browsers.
Once NetAssistant adware is installed, the unwanted program will being to collect user information and in turn, will use the collected data, such as browser activity, history, bookmarks, and more in order to display target advertisements, deals, and offers. This may also create additional privacy related issues for internet users.
NetAssistant advertisements are displayed in a variety of forms. Some are pop-under browser redirects that take up an entire browser window or computer screen, in-text ads that say something similar to “Ads by NetAssistant” on them, or pop-up advertisements that appear in images and say “brought by NetAssistant” on them.
How does NetAssistant malware get onto a computer?
Users are sometimes given the opportunity to accept or decline an offer to install NetAssistant software and other items; However, the request to decline the offer is often ignored or presented in a very confusing manner.
How to remove the NetAssistant virus
- Automatically remove NetAssistant virus – Scan for and automatically remove NetAssistant and third-party malware
- Manually remove NetAssistant virus – Remove/Uninstall NetAssistant and third-party malware (if necessary)
- For Tech Support – Call 1-888-879-0084 and they will kindly assist you with removing this infection
1. Automatic NetAssistant virus removal
Use the instructions below to automatically remove NetAssistant and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers using the most reputable software available.
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, make sure to do so.
4. On the first tab labeled “Scanner” select the Perform full scan option and click the Scan button to perform a full system scan. Malwarebytes will automatically detect malware infecting the computer system.
5. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer.
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall NetAssistant adware and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall NetAssistant and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for NetAssistant, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manual NetAssistant virus removal
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall NetAssistant and third-party software using Microsoft Windows removal procedures.
How to uninstall NetAssistant
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for NetAssistant and other potentially unwanted software. Once the adware program is located, double click the unwanted program(s) or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button. Keep in mind that NetAssistant may use a different title name than suggested.
How to remove NetAssistant add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions to remove NetAssistant add-ons, extensions, plug-ins, and toolbars. Please note, it may be necessary to remove multiple third-party items.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the NetAssistant extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the NetAssistant add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the NetAssistant add-on and remove it if located.