MyWordTool is a free advertisement supported program that may find its way onto a computer without direct user consent and cause computer functionality and user privacy related problems. MyWordTool (also found as the My Word Tool virus or MyWord Tool virus; though not technically a computer virus) is potential malware categorized as adware and spyware and may be detected as a potentially unwanted program (PUP) by third-party security vendors such as Malwarebytes Anti-Malware PRO.
MyWordTool malware and third-party distribution websites often take advantage of aggressive marketing tactics in order to infiltrate a computer system with MyWordTool software. Once the program is installed, MyWordTool spyware will change Microsoft Windows settings, create options which allow it to start every time Windows is booted, and will create additional folders and files related to the potentially unwanted software.
Some reports also suggest that MyWordTool will collect and distribute sensitive user data to third-party marketing and mailing lists, as well as bundle with third-party malware, including adware, browser hijackers, spyware, and even scareware or non-beneficial Antivirus or optimization software.
Most victims of the MyWordTool virus report unwanted email spam, junk mail, and telephone calls from telemarketers and scam artists, as well as unwanted pop-up advertisements from bundled bloatware such as PassShow and browser redirections to websites such as search.conduit.com.
How does MyWordTool malware get onto a computer?
In some cases users are given the opportunity to accept or decline an offer to install MyWordTool and other items; however, the request to decline the offer is often ignored or presented in a very confusing manner in order to trick users into installing excessive bloatware and malware.
MyWordTool software can also be manually and voluntarily downloaded from a variety of questionable sources, including the company website
How to remove MyWordTool malware
- Automatically remove MyWordTool virus – Scan for and automatically remove MyWordTool and third-party malware
- Manually remove MyWordTool virus – Remove/Uninstall MyWordTool and third-party malware (if necessary)
- For Tech Support – Call 1-888-986-8411 and they will kindly assist you with removing this infection
1. Automatic MyWordTool virus removal
Use the instructions below to automatically remove MyWordTool and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
If you need help give us a call!
2. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, make sure to do so.
4. On the first tab labeled “Scanner” select the Perform full scan option and click the Scan button to perform a full system scan. Malwarebytes will automatically detect malware infecting the computer system.
5. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer.
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall MyWordTool malware and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall MyWordTool and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for MyWordTool in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manual MyWordTool virus removal
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall MyWordTool and third-party software using Microsoft Windows removal procedures.
How to uninstall MyWordTool
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for MyWordTool and other potentially unwanted software. Once the adware program is located, double click the unwanted program(s) or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button.
How to remove MyWordTool add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions to remove MyWordTool add-ons, extensions, plug-ins, and toolbars. Please note, it may be necessary to remove multiple third-party items.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the MyWordTool extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to them.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the MyWordTool add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the MyWordTool add-on and remove it if located.