What is Mysearch123.com?
Mysearch123.com (also searched for as Mysearch123, Mysearch123 virus, Mysearch123.com virus) is a very questionable search engine with a bad online reputation. Mysearch123.com has been flagged by the professional cyber security community for it’s suspicious activities. It is known to change your existing internet browser settings without your consent including your homepage and default search engine. In turn, this will case Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, and Apple Safari to redirect to mysearch123.com when you open a new browser window, open a new browser tab, or search the web using the browser address bar. Mysearch123 is similar to other potentially malicious and deceptive websites so there is not doubt that Mysearch123.com and objects used to promote will be found in the potentially unwanted program and browser hijacker category of computer and internet threats.
Once potential Mysearch123 malware or programs that promote the search engine enter your computer you will notice continuous browser redirects to Mysearch123.com, search.yahoo.com, and other webpages when a new browser window or tab is opened. This is because potentially unwanted programs that promote the Mysearch123.com search engine change existing internet browser settings including the home page, default search engine, and browser shortcut.
Programs used to promote the “Mysearch123.com virus” also create new tasks in Windows Task Scheduler and add or change Windows registry keys in order to run every time Windows starts and remain enabled if disabled by the user. This uses a lot of system resources including CPU and memory, and can cause a computer to become slow and sluggish.
There are a variety of potentially unwanted programs used to cause browser redirects to Mysearch123 and associated webpages. This means it will be necessary to uninstall multiple programs, remove multiple browser add-ons and extensions, and eradicate any existing possibly malicious files.
How to remove Mysearch123.com
- Step 1: Uninstall potentially unwanted programs
- Step 2: Remove unwanted browser add-on and extensions
- Step 3: Remove Mysearch123.com search engine
- Step 4: Remove Mysearch123.com homepage
- Step 5: Scan your computer for malware
- Step 6: Clean up and repair settings
Step 1: Uninstall potentially unwanted programs
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
2.Navigate to the Control Panel on Windows Start Menu.
3. Click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove a program).
4. A list of programs installed on your computer will appear. Search for suspicious and unwanted programs in the list of installed programs. Once a program you want to remove is located, double click to begin the uninstall process (or select the program and click Uninstall).
Step 2: Remove unwnated browser add-ons and extensions
1. Click on the Customize icon (3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the add-on, select it, and remove it.
Step 3: Remove Mysearch123.com search engine
- In Mozilla Firefox, click the small search magnify glass near the search box (not url/search field) and click “Manage Search Engines…”. Remove Mysearch123.com search engine from the list of search providers by highlighting the selections and clicking remove.
- In Microsoft Internet Explorer navigate to Tools > Manage Add Ons > Search Providers and remove Mysearch123.com search engine from the list.
- In Google Chrome, click the customize icon (wrench or 3 bars) and navigate to Settings > Manage search engines… click the X next to Mysearch123.com search engine to remove it.
Step 4: Remove Mysearch123.com homepage
- In Mozilla Firefox navigate to Tools > Options or click Firefox in the top left corner and click Options > Options. Under the General tab remove Mysearch123.com from the “Home Page:” field and replace it with your preferred home page URL.
- In Microsoft Internet Explorer navigate to Tools >Internet Options. Remove Mysearch123.com from the Home Page field and replace it with your preferred URL.
- In Google Chrome click the customize icon (wrench or 3 bars) and navigate to Settings.Click “Set pages” under the On startup option. Remove Mysearch123.com and replace it with your preferred homepage URL.
Step 5: Scan your computer for malware
1. Download and Install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full version enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is just a free scan and removal tool.
2. Once Malwarebytes is installed, open the Anti-Malware program and click the Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan. Malwarebytes may automatically begin to update and scan your computer at this point.
3. When the malware scan is complete, click the Quarantine All button to isolate and remove the detected files. You may be asked to reboot your computer to completely remove detected files.
Step 6: Clean up and repair settings
1. Download and Install the free or full version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Open CCleaner after it is installed and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search for suspicious entries through each tab starting from Windows, Internet Explorer, etc., all the way to Context Menu and click Disable and Delete once anything you do not recognize is found. This will help you locate and remove unwanted browser attachments and repair other settings.