myDownloadManager Search is the name of a browser extension compatible with Google Chrome. Various other versions of the myDownloadManager Search extension may also be compatible with alternative internet browsers including Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, and Microsoft Internet Explorer. The myDownloadManager Search extension is known to download and install without user knowledge and consent or by use deceptive and misleading marketing tactics designed to trick users into manually installing it. Once the myDownloadManager Search extension is installed it will read and modify browsing data and change search settings to apps.searchalgo.com, search.yahoo.com, and other webpages which will ultimately cause browser redirects to the websites when a new browser window or tab is opened or a search is performed in the address bar.
|Name(s)||myDownloadManager Search, myDownloadManager Search virus|
|Detection Categories||Adware, Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP)|
|Publisher Description||With myDownloadManager Start you can manage, control and sorts out everything: files, images, videos directly form chrome browser. Quick search bar and easy launch icons for social media shopping and more.|
|Symptoms||The user may experience unwanted advertisements and redirects to sponsored webpages in the browser.|
|Removal Tool||Download Malware Removal Tool (Malwarebytes)|
What is myDownloadManager Search?
myDownloadManager Search is promoted as a free browser extension that can help you manage, control and sorts out files, images, videos directly form chrome browser.
The myDownloadManager Search extension for Google Chrome has permissions set allowing it to read and change all your data on the websites you visit, change your search settings to: apps.searchalgo.com, manage your downloads, and open downloaded files.
- Advertisements in the web browser
- Redirects to sponsored webpages
- Slow and sluggish computer and internet
- Excessive email spam, junk mail, and phone calls from telemarketers, robocallers, and potential scam artists due to data collection
myDownloadManager Search Removal Guide
Follow the steps in this myDownloadManager Search removal guide to remove the myDownloadManager Search extension, malware, and other threats to stop browser redirects to apps.searchalgo.com.
- Scan your computer with Malwarebytes
- Scan your computer with HitmanPro
- Uninstall myDownloadManager Search and unwanted programs
- Remove myDownloadManager Search and unwanted browser add-ons
- Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner
1. Scan your computer with Malwarebytes
The first step to remove myDownloadManager Search is to download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software in order to perform a full system scan for malicious files.
2. Open Malwarebytes and click the Scan Now button or go to the Scan tab and click the Start Scan button.
3. When the Malwarebytes scan is complete click the Remove Selected button.
4. To finish the Malwarebytes scan and remove detected threats click the Finish button and restart your computer if promoted to do so.
2. Scan your computer with HitmanPro
The second step to remove myDownloadManager Search is to download and install a second opinion scanner called HitmanPro by Surfright in order to perform a full system scan for malicious files.
2. Open HitmanPro and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may chose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
3. When the HitmanPro scan is complete click the Next button.
4. To activate the free version of HitmanPro: enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
5. Click the Reboot button.
3. Uninstall myDownloadManager Search and unwanted programs
The third step to remove myDownloadManager Search is to uninstall myDownloadManager Search and other unwanted programs in Windows Control Panel.
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. In the Programs section click Uninstall a program. In earlier versions of Windows this is listed as “Add and remove programs.”
3. Search for myDownloadManager Search in the list and double click myDownloadManager Search to uninstall myDownloadManager Search.
4. Once you have uninstalled myDownloadManager Search search for other unwanted programs that may be installed on your computer and uninstall them as well.
4. Remove myDownloadManager Search and unwanted browser add-ons
The fourth step to remove myDownloadManager Search is to remove unwanted browser add-ons and extensions from Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, and Apple Safari.
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the unwanted extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the unwanted add-on and click Remove.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Go to Tools (Alt+X) and click Manage add-ons.
2. Search for the unwanted add-on in the list, select it with your mouse, and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the unwanted extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
5. Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner
The fifth step to remove myDownloadManager Search is to download and install CCleaner by Piriform in order to delete leftover junk files, tracking cookies, registry entries, unwanted start-up tasks, and more.
2. Open CCleaner and go to the main Cleaner screen. Click the Analyze button. When the process is complete, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Go to Tools > Startup and search for suspicious entries in each tab starting from Windows all the way to Content Menu. If you find anything suspicious click it and click the Delete button to remove it.
4. Go to the Registry window and click the Scan for Issues button. When the scan is complete click the Fix selected issues… button and click Fix All Selected Issues.