Music Box v2 (also searched for as Music Box v2 virus or Music Box) is a program and browser extension associated with iLivid and ask.com that usually gets onto a computer system and latches onto browser that it affects without your consent or knowledge. The Music Box v2 extension may also utilize very deceptive marketing techniques in order to trick users into manually installing it. Once the Music Box v2 extension has been attached to Chrome, Firefox, or another internet browser it will read and modify your existing browser settings such as the homepage, default search engine, new tab, browser shortcut, browser history, bookmarks, themes, apps, and more. Certainly, the Music Box v2 extension is not something you want to find attach to your internet browser.
|Name||Music Box v2, Music Box v2 New Tab, Music Box v2 virus|
|Short Description||The adware is promoted as a free utility or media/music player.|
|Symptoms||The user may experience unwanted advertisements and redirects in the web browser.|
|Distribution Method||The adware is promoted by advertisements and bundles with freeware and dubious files.|
|Detection tool||Download Malware Removal Tool|
Music Box v2 Screenshot
What is Music Box v2?
Music Box v2 is promoted as a free web utility, media or music player, media player update, media codec, java update, and more. It’s basically advertised as something different in various locations around the web.
Music Box v2 Removal Guide
Music Box v2 can be uninstalled manually from your computer and internet browser. We have provided several steps below the article to show you how remove Music Box v2 and other threats. However, if you have clicked on any random ads or have been redirected to suspicious websites, your system may have been exposed to malware and other threats. To make sure your PC is completely clean and your information is protected from cyber criminals, we recommend that you follow all the steps below.
Step 1: Uninstall Music Box v2 from Windows
Follow the instructions to uninstall Music Box v2 and other programs that it may bundle with from your Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10 computer. If you do not find Music Box v2 installed on your computer but still notice unwanted symptoms such as pop-up ads while you browse the web it is recommended to use Malwarebytes and HitmanPro to eradicate troublesome files.
1. Open Windows Start or Task menu and go to the Control Panel (or directly to Programs and Features).
2. In the “Programs” section click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove programs).
3. Search for Music Box v2, Chromium, and other programs in the list of installed programs and double click the program you want to remove to uninstall it. You can also select Music Box v2 with your mouse and click the Uninstall button once it appears. Once you have uninstalled Music Box v2 look for other unwanted programs in the list of installed programs and uninstall any if they are found. A general tip is to click “Installed On” to locate any programs that installed around the same time.
Step 2: Remove unwanted browser attachments
Follow the instructions to remove Music Box v2 add-ons and extensions, as well as other attachments that it may bundle with from Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer & Edge, and Apple Safari. If you do not find a Music Box v2 attachments installed on your internet browser but still notice unwanted symptoms such as pop-up ads while you browse the web it is recommended to use Malwarebytes and HitmanPro to eradicate troublesome files. To remove Music Box v2 from Microsoft internet browsers you must uninstall the program.
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Music Box v2 extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the Music Box v2 add-on and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the Music Box v2 extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
Step 3: Remove Music Box v2 with Malwarebytes
Follow the instructions to remove Music Box v2 with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
1. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
[button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=http%3a%2f%2fdownloads.malwarebytes.org%2ffile%2fmbam%2f&redirecthash=79CD12ECAB939D32967B5D05C6C86E32″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#c71414″ hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”false”]Download Malwarebytes[/button]
2. Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing.
3. Make sure that Malwarebytes has been updated. To ensure it is updated click Update Now on the Dashboard.
4. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
5. When the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button or restart your computer if Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
Step 4: Remove Music Box v2 with HitmanPro
Follow the instructions to remove Music Box v2 with HitmanPro second-opinion software.
1. Download and install HitmanPro second opinion scanner and removal tool.
[button link=”https://www.cleverbridge.com/747/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=http%3a%2f%2fdl.surfright.nl%2fHitmanPro.exe” align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#0015ff” hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”false”]Download HitmanPro[/button]
3. Once Hitman Pro is installed, open the program and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may chose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
4. When the scan is complete, click the Next button again to delete any threats or traces on your system.
5. If you are initially using the free version, to activate it, enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
6. Restart your computer by selecting Reboot.
Step 5: Clean and repair your computer with CCleaner
Follow the instructions to clean your computer and repair your computer’s settings.
[button link=”https://secure.piriform.com/502/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=https%3a%2f%2fwww.piriform.com%2fccleaner%2fdownload%2fprofessional” align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#0015ff” hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”false”]Download CCleaner[/button]
2. Once installed, open the program and go to the main Cleaner screen and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries. If you find any thing suspicious click it and click the Delete button to remove it.
4. Finally, go to the Registry window and click the Scan for Issues button. When the scan is complete click the Fix selected issues… button and click Fix All Selected Issues.