MossNet (also found as Moss Net or MossNet Deals) is the title of an adware program that may also be found in the browser hijacker and spyware categories of Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUPs). This program is not technically defined as a computer virus; MossNet is adware that displays pop-up advertisements on Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer by attaching to an affected browser as a browser add-on, browser helper object (BHO), and extension with or without user consent.
Once MossNet is installed to a Microsoft Windows computer, it will being to collect and observe user information, which it will use to display several types of target advertisements. Some MossNet ads are simple banner adverts, pop-under advertisements, in-text ads that say something alike “Ads by MossNet” on them, and others.
How does MossNet malware get onto a computer?
Users are often given the opportunity to accept or decline an offer to install MossNet software and other items; However, the request to decline the offer is often ignored or presented in a very confusing manner and the unwanted software will be accidentally installed by the user.
Many users claim that MossNet installed without consent. In some cases, adware programs may be contracted via third-party advertisements, compromised social media content, email spam, and more.
How to remove the MossNet virus
- Automatically remove MossNet virus – Scan for and automatically remove MossNet and third-party malware
- Manually remove MossNet virus – Remove/Uninstall MossNet and third-party malware (if necessary)
- For Tech Support – Call 1-888-879-0084 and they will kindly assist you with removing this infection
1. Automatic MossNet virus removal
Use the instructions below to automatically remove MossNet and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, make sure to do so.
4. When the Malwarebytes interface has open on the dashboard, click the large Scan Now button to start scanning your computer for malicious files. *Scan options can also be found in the “Scan” section.
5. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer.
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall MossNet adware and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall MossNet and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for MossNet, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manual MossNet virus removal
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall MossNet and third-party software using Microsoft Windows removal procedures.
How to uninstall MossNet
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for MossNet and other potentially unwanted software. Once the adware program is located, double click the unwanted program(s) or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button. Keep in mind that MossNet may use a different title name than suggested.
How to remove MossNet add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions to remove MossNet add-ons, extensions, plug-ins, and toolbars. Please note, it may be necessary to remove multiple third-party items.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the MossNet extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the MossNet add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the MossNet add-on and remove it if located.