How to remove Media Viewer (Virus Removal Guide)
Media Viewer virus
If you are seeing Media Viewer ads while browsing the internet, you are infected with a potentially unwanted program or potential malware (or a PUP) categorized as adware, a browser hijacker, and spyware. Many refer to this as the Media Viewer virus (also found as Media Viewer 1.1, MediaViewer, etc.), though this is not an actual computer virus because the program shares many malicious traits, which can create issues for computer users relating to the invasion of privacy and computer performance.
Once the Media Viewer malware program such as Media Viewer 1.1 is installed to a Microsoft Windows Operating System and/or attached to Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Internet Explorer, it will being to collect user information and in turn will use the harvested data to display target advertisements, deals, and offers.
Media Viewer advertisements are displayed in a variety of forms. Some are pop-under browser redirects that take up an entire browser window or computer screen, in-text ads that say “Ads by Media Viewer” on them, or pop-up advertisements that appear in images and say “brought by Media Viewer” on them.
How does Media Viewer malware get onto a computer?
Users are sometimes given the opportunity to accept or decline an offer to install Media Viewer software and other items; However, the request to decline the offer is often ignored or presented in a very confusing manner.
How to remove the Media Viewer virus
- Automatically remove Media Viewer virus – Scan for and automatically remove Media Viewer and third-party malware
- Manually remove Media Viewer virus – Remove/Uninstall Media Viewer and third-party malware (if necessary)
- For Tech Support – Call 1-888-879-0084 and they will kindly assist you with removing this infection
1. Automatic Media Viewer virus removal
Use the instructions below to automatically remove Media Viewer and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, make sure to do so.
4. On the first tab labeled “Scanner” select the Perform full scan option and click the Scan button to perform a full system scan. Malwarebytes will automatically detect malware infecting the computer system.
5. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer.
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall Media Viewer adware and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall Media Viewer (Media Viewer 1.1) and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for Media Viewer, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manual Media Viewer virus removal
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall Media Viewer and third-party software using Microsoft Windows removal procedures.
How to uninstall Media Viewer
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for Media Viewer (Media Viewer 1.1) and other potentially unwanted software. Once the adware program is located, double click the unwanted program(s) or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button. Keep in mind that Media Viewer may use a different title name than suggested.
How to remove Media Viewer add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions to remove Media Viewer add-ons, extensions, plug-ins, and toolbars. Please note, it may be necessary to remove multiple third-party items.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Media Viewer extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the Media Viewer add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the Media Viewer add-on and remove it if located.