MacSaleApp (Mac Sale App) is adware that is promoted as a “necessary browser addon for internet deals and discounts.” However, MacSaleApp adware has been flagged by numerous security vendors noting suspicious behavior related to aggressive marketing tactics, privacy invading permissions, and more.
Once installed MacSaleApp adware will begin to access, observe, and collect user browser information, such as complete browsing activity and history. The browser add-on and extensions will also have permissions that allow it to change existing internet browser settings, such as bookmarks and themes. Furthermore, the program and associated items can also change the homepage and internal search engine of affected browsers in order to cause unwanted browser redirects to websites such as Lasaoren.
Ads by MacSaleApp are delivered in a variety of forms and cross multiple internet browsers while the user is connected to the internet. Advertisement forms include pop-up ads, banner ads, and pop-under advertisements.
This MacSaleApp removal guide will help you remove the MacSaleApp virus and uninstall MacSaleApp malware from Windows in order to get rid of unwanted pop-up advertisements and browser redirects on Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer.
How to remove MacSaleApp virus
- Option 1: MacSaleApp Removal Software & Tools – This first option details how to remove MacSaleApp malware using the free or full versions of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, Hitman Pro software, and/or CCleaner by Piriform.
- Option 2: Manually remove MacSaleApp – This second option details how to manually uninstall MacSaleApp and remove unwanted browser attachments
- For Tech Support – Call 1-888-879-0084 and they will kindly assist you with removing this computer infection.
1. MacSaleApp Removal Software & Tools
Use the instructions below to automatically remove MacSaleApp and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. *Malwarebytes may automatically begin to update and scan your computer at this point.
4. Once the Malwarebytes program has been open, if a scan has not initiated, please click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to initiate a scan. Before the scan is started Malwarebytes may ask to update the software, make sure to do so if prompted to.
5. Once the scan is complete, click the Quarantine All button to remove the files.
6. You may also chose to visit the History tab and click Delete All to remove these files from the Quarantine log, although these files no longer prove a threat.
CCleaner by Piriform
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings, system startup up settings, and uninstall unwanted software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall unwanted software, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for the program in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manually Remove MacSaleApp
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall MacSaleApp adware from Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8.
How to uninstall MacSaleApp
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to access the Windows 8 Start Menu).
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for MacSaleApp and other potentially unwanted software. Once the adware program is located, double click the unwanted program(s) or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button.
How to remove MacSaleApp add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions below to remove MacSaleApp add-ons and extensions from Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. It may be necessary to remove third-party browser attachments.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the MacSaleApp extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the MacSaleApp add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the MacSaleApp add-on and remove it if located.