How to remove KeyPlayr (Virus Removal)
The KeyPlayr virus (also found as the Key Playr virus; though not technically a computer virus) is a Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP) and malware categorized as adware that utilizes aggressive marketing techniques in order to infiltrate a Microsoft Windows computer system and attach to Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer alongside browser add-ons, browser helper objects (BHOs), and extensions with or without direct user consent.
Potential KeyPlayr malware may utilize browser attachments or particular scripts in order to display targeted advertisements in the form of pop-ups and generic banners, as well as to corrupt internet browser settings, including the homepage and default search engine. This causes unwanted browser redirects to websites such as conduit.com or V9 when users search the web or open a new browser window.
KeyPlayr also displays pop-up and pop-under advertisements that may redirect users to suspicious websites and prompts an advertisement that says something similar to “Please install KeyPlayr to continue” or “Update needed to download and watch video.”
Potential KeyPlayr malware and third-party items have also been reported to submit collected user information to third-party marketing and mailing lists without user consent. Some users have reported unwanted email spam, junk mail, and have even complained of unwanted telephone calls from telemarketers concerning their recent browser activity and history.
This program will allow third-party malware and PUPS to infect a computer system such as Groovorio Search if a user is not paying attention during the install process.
How does KeyPlayr malware get onto a computer?
KeyPlayr often bundles with third-party freeware and shareware, as well as torrents from websites such as download.com and thepiratebay. KeyPlayr is also aggressively marketed through a serious of “looping” or redirecting websites that may install the software once a user lands on a certain page or clicks a button or suggest that the software is needed.
In some cases users are given the opportunity to accept or decline an offer to install KeyPlayr and other items; however, the request to decline the offer is often ignored or presented in a very confusing manner.
How to remove the KeyPlayr virus
- Automatically remove KeyPlayr virus – Scan for and automatically remove KeyPlayr and third-party malware
- Manually remove KeyPlayr virus – Remove/Uninstall KeyPlayr and third-party malware (if necessary)
- For Tech Support – Call 1-888-879-0084 and they will kindly assist you with removing this infection
1. Automatic KeyPlayr virus removal
Use the instructions below to automatically remove KeyPlayr malware and third-party parasites, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your internet browsers.
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or purchase the full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program and update the database if needed.
4. On the Dashboard click the large green Scan Now button.
5. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may state that potential malware or malware was detected. Click the Apply All Action button.
6. If files were quarantined, visit the History section and remove all files in the Quarantine selection.
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall KeyPlayr.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall KeyPlayr and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for KeyPlayr (published by KeyDownload), etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manual KeyPlayr virus removal
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall KeyPlayr and third-party software using Microsoft Windows removal procedures.
How to uninstall KeyPlayr
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel. If you are using Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner of the Desktop.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for KeyPlayr and KEYPLAYER (published by KeyDownload and KeyPlayer) and other potentially unwanted software such as v9 uninstaller or SupTab. Once the program is located, double click the unwanted program(s) or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button.
How to remove KeyPlayr add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions to remove KeyPlayr add-ons, extensions, plug-ins, and toolbars. Please note, it may be necessary to remove multiple third-party browser attachments.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the KeyPlayr extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to them.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the KeyPlayr add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the KeyPlayr add-on and remove it if located.