How to remove Key-Find.com (Virus Removal Guide)
Key-Find virus (Key-Find.com)
The Key Find virus (also found as Key-Find virus, Key-Find.com redirect virus, etc.) is a Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP) or potential malware in the Adware.LinkHijacker family of computer infections and is categorized as adware and a browser hijacker. Software that causes unwanted redirections to http://key-find.com/ install to a Microsoft Windows computer and attach to Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer as a browser add-on, browser helper object (BHO), and extension with or without user consent.
The Key-Find.com add-on and extension or other item used to promote Key-Find.com changes internet browser settings, including the home page (start page) and internal browser search engine (default, managed, and provided search engines. This causes affected browsers to redirect to http://Key-Find.com in general scenarios and start-up on the Key-Find search engine when users open a new browser window or browser tab.
Furthermore, the Key Find hijacker may also display unwanted advertisements, including targeted advertisements that displays ads based off collected user information, such as browser history and computing activity.
Once software used to promote Key-Find.com is installed the application will begin to replace existing internet browser settings, install additional software, and collect sensitive user information including data manually submitted online such as your name, home address, telephone number, email address, browser activity and history, and more. Key-Find.com malware may also collect information when unwanted software is uninstalled and use additional techniques to collect purchase information or persuade victims to purchase sponsored and/or non-beneficial software.
If software that causes your internet browser to redirect to http://Key-Find.com is installed on your computer system and attached to your internet browser you are at higher risk of cyber crimes involving credit theft, extortion, identity theft, and others. Even though these crimes are rare, this particular category of malware leaves users at a much higher risk if the software was never introduced to the computer system.
The Key Find virus displays sponsored search results, redirects users to search.yahoo.com, and is not considered a legitimate standalone search engine.
How does the Key-Find.com hijacker get onto a computer?
Items used to promote the Key-Find.com redirect virus often bundle with third-party freeware distributed by websites such as download.com. During the installation or setup process of third-party freeware some users may be given the opportunity to accept or decline an offer to install unwanted software and change their home page and search engine to the Key-Find search engine; However, the request to decline the offer is often ignored or represented in a confusing manner by the developer or distributor and the software will accidentally install.
How to remove the Key-Find virus
- Automatically remove Key-Find.com – Scan for and automatically remove Key-Find.com and third-party malware
- Manually remove Key-Find.com – Remove/Uninstall Key-Find.com supported software and third-party malware (if necessary)
- For Tech Support – Call 1-888-879-0084 and they will kindly assist you with removing this infection
1. Automatic Key-Find virus removal
Use the instructions below to automatically remove Key-Find and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, make sure to do so.
4. When the Malwarebytes interface has open on the dashboard, click the large Scan Now button to start scanning your computer for malicious files. *Scan options can also be found in the “Scan” section.
5. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer.
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall the Key-Find hijacker and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall Key-Find Toolbar and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for software used to support Key-Find.com (search engine), etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manual Key-Find virus removal
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall Key-Find.com supported software and third-party software using generic Microsoft Windows removal procedures.
How to uninstall Key-Find (Key-Find.com)
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for Key-Find Toolbar and other potentially unwanted software. Once located, double click the unwanted programs or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button.
How to remove Key-Find.com add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions to remove Key-Find Toolbar add-ons and extension. Please note, it may be necessary to remove different attachments than suggested and multiple third-party items.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Key-Find extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to them.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the Key-Find add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the Key-Find add-on and remove it if located.
How to remove Key-Find.com search engine
- In Mozilla Firefox, click the small search magnify glass near the search box (not url/search field) and click “Manage Search Engines…”. Remove the Key-Find.com search engine from the list of search providers by highlighting the selections and clicking remove.
- In Microsoft Internet Explorer navigate to Tools > Manage Add Ons > Search Providers and remove the Key-Find.com search engine from the list.
- In Google Chrome, click the customize icon (wrench or 3 bars) and navigate to Settings > Manage search engines… click the X next to the Key-Find.com search engine to remove it.
Please note, If http://Key-Find.com/ is set as Google Chrome’s default search engine, add (or select) a new search engine (such as Google.com) and select the new search engine as the default search engine, then remove the unwanted search engine by clicking the X next to it.
How to remove Key-Find.com homepage
- In Mozilla Firefox navigate to Tools > Options or click Firefox in the top left corner and click Options > Options. Under the General tab remove Key-Find.com from the “Home Page:” field and replace it with your preferred home page URL.
- In Microsoft Internet Explorer navigate to Tools >Internet Options. Remove Key-Find.com from the Home Page field and replace it with your preferred URL.
- In Google Chrome click the customize icon (wrench or 3 bars) and navigate to Settings.Click “Set pages” under the On startup option. Remove Key-Find.com and replace it with your preferred homepage URL.