How to remove the Jotzey virus (Removal Guide)
The Jotzey virus is a term usedfor a potentially unwanted program (PUP) or malware found in the adware, browser hijacker, and spyware categories. Jotezey is promoted as a free software but may not detail that the program is used to collect user information in order to display targeted advertisements, which in return can create additional privacy issues.
Jotzey primarily installs to a Microsoft Windows computer and attaches to popular browsers such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Internet Explorer as a browser add-on, browser helper object (BHO), and extension with or without user authorization.
Once Jotzey malware is installed, the adware and spyware program will begin to collect user data in order to display a wide variety of targeted advertisements or ads that it feels are relevant. Some Jotzey ads are pop-under browser ads that take up an entire browser window or computer screen, in-text ads that say something similar to “Ads by Jotzey” on them, and/or pop-up advertisements that appear in images and say “brought by Jotzey” or “Jotzey Deals” on them.
Many users of Jotzey and similar adware complain of unwanted email spam, junk mail, and sometimes telephone calls from telemarketers. Once these types of programs get onto a computer, they may begin to collect data that users manually submit online in order to add these users to mailing and marketing lists, inducing the lists of third-party affiliates, contractors, and larger-based partners.
Jotzey may use several titles in order to change Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer settings. Jotzey can cause a browser to redirect to unwanted websites and has the capabilities to change the homepage, causing browsers to start-up on unwanted search engines.
The Jotzey hijacker may even cause an affected browser to redirect to websites like trovigo.com when a user searches the web using the browser address bar or omni bar.
How does Jotzey malware get onto a computer?
Users are sometimes given the opportunity to accept or decline an offer to install Jotzey software and other items; However, the request to decline the offer is often ignored or presented in a very confusing manner.
Jotzey software can be manually downloaded from a variety of sources on the web.
How to remove the Jotzey virus
- Automatically remove Jotzey virus - Scan for and automatically remove Jotzey and third-party malware
- Manually remove Jotzey virus - Remove/Uninstall Jotzey and third-party malware (if necessary)
- For Tech Support - Call 1-888-986-8411 and they will kindly assist you with removing this infection
1. Automatic Jotzey virus removal
Use the instructions below to automatically remove Jotzey and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, make sure to do so.
4. On the first tab labeled “Scanner” select the Perform full scan option and click the Scan button to perform a full system scan. Malwarebytes will automatically detect malware infecting the computer system.
5. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer.
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall Jotzey adware and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall Jotzey and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for Jotzey, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manual Jotzey virus removal
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall Jotzey and third-party software using Microsoft Windows removal procedures.
How to uninstall Jotzey (Jotzey Deals)
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for Jotzey and other potentially unwanted software. Once the adware program is located, double click the unwanted program(s) or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button. Keep in mind that Jotzey may use a different title name than suggested.
How to remove Jotzey add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions to remove Jotzey Deals add-ons, extensions, plug-ins, and toolbars. Please note, it may be necessary to remove multiple third-party items.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Jotzey extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the Jotzey add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the Jotzey add-on and remove it if located.