How to remove the Jaamla virus (Redirect Removal)
The Jaamla virus (also found as the Jaamla.com virus, Jaamla Search Engine, Jaamla Toolbar, Jaamla redirect virus, virus, and other terms; though not technically a virus) is potential malware or a potentially unwanted program (PUP) categorized as a browser hijacker and spyware that installs to a Microsoft Windows computer and attaches to Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, and Google Chrome as a browser add-on, browser helper object (BHO), and extension with or without user consent.
The Jaamla.com add-on and extension possibly titled “Jaamla Toolbar” changes internet browser settings including the homepage (start page) and internal search engine. This causes internet browsers to redirect to http://www.jaamla.com/ and start-up on the Jaamla search engine when users open a new window or tab, or attempt to search the web using the browser address or omni bar.
Once JaamlaToolbar (or similar) is installed the potential malware will begin to replace existing internet browser settings, install additional software, and collect sensitive user information; including data manually submitted online such as your name, home address, telephone number, email address, browser activity and history, and more.
Third-party reports suggest that if software that causes your internet browser to redirect to http://www.Jaamla.com is installed on your computer system and attached to your internet browser you are at higher risk of cyber crimes including credit theft, extortion, and identity theft.
The Jaamla virus may redirect users to additional websites. Search results displayed by the search engine contain suspicious sponsored links and website results.
How does the Jaamla virus get onto a computer?
Items used to promote the Jaamla.com redirect virus, such as Jaamla Toolbar can be manually and voluntarily downloaded from a variety of questionable websites including download.com; however, Jaamla primarily bundles with freeware and shareware, including aggressive installers that do not allow the user to cancel the software from downloading and installing.
Some users are given the opportunity to accept or decline an offer to install unwanted software and change their home page and search engine to the Jaamla.com search engine, but the request to decline the offer is often ignored or represented in a confusing manner by the developer or distributor.
How to remove the Jaamla virus
- Automatically remove Jaamla.com – Scan for and automatically remove Jaamla.com and third-party malware
- Manually remove Jaamla.com – Remove/Uninstall Jaamla.com supported software such as Jaamla Toolbar and third-party malware (if necessary)
- For Tech Support – Call 1-888-986-8411 and they will kindly assist you with removing this infection
1. Automatic Jaamla virus removal
Use the instructions below to automatically remove Jaamla Toolbar and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, make sure to do so.
4. On the first tab labeled “Scanner” select the Perform full scan option and click the Scan button to perform a full system scan. Malwarebytes will automatically detect malware infecting the computer system.
5. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer (the image below shows a file that is NOT selected) or click the Delete button to remove quarantined files.
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall the Jaamla hijacker and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall Jaamla.com supported software such as Jaamla Toolbar, Search Protect, Conduit Toolbar, and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for software used to support www.Jaamla.com, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manual Jaamla virus removal
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall Jaamla Toolbar and third-party bloatware using generic Microsoft Windows removal procedures.
How to uninstall Jaamla Toolbar
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for Jaamla.com supported software such as Jaamla Toolbar and other potentially unwanted software. Once located, double click the unwanted programs to uninstall them or highlight the item in the list and click the Uninstall button.
How to remove Jaamla Toolbar add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions to remove Jaamla Toolbar add-ons and extension. Please note, it may be necessary to remove multiple third-party browser attachments.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Jaamla extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to them.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the Jaamla add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the Jaamla add-on and remove it if located.
How to remove Jaamla search engine
- In Mozilla Firefox, click the small search magnify glass near the search box (not url/search field) and click “Manage Search Engines…”. Remove Jaamla search engine from the list of search providers by highlighting the selection and clicking remove.
- In Microsoft Internet Explorer navigate to Tools > Manage Add Ons > Search Providers and remove Jaamla search engine from the list.
- In Google Chrome, click the customize icon (wrench or 3 bars) and navigate to Settings > Manage search engines… click the X next to Jaamla search engine to remove it.
Please note, If http://www.Jaamla.com/ is set as Google Chrome’s default search engine, add (or select) a new search engine (such as Google.com) and select the new search engine as the default search engine, then remove the unwanted search engine by clicking the X next to it.
How to remove Jaamla.com homepage
- In Mozilla Firefox navigate to Tools > Options or click Firefox in the top left corner and click Options > Options. Under the General tab remove jaamla.com from the “Home Page:” field and replace it with your preferred home page URL.
- In Microsoft Internet Explorer navigate to Tools >Internet Options. Remove jaamla.com from the Home Page field and replace it with your preferred URL.
- In Google Chrome click the customize icon (wrench or 3 bars) and navigate to Settings.Click “Set pages” under the On startup option. Remove jaamla.com and replace it with your preferred homepage URL.