How to remove Installer (Virus Removal Guide)
Installer is the title of a malicious download manager that is used to infect a Microsoft Windows computer with malware and potentially unwanted programs (PUPs), including adware, browser hijackers, spyware, scareware, tracking cookies, trojan horses, and more.
If you have found a program called Installer on your computer, your computer is at a very high risk of dangerous infection. Installer is responsible for pop-up advertisements, browser redirects, and other severe computer infection symptoms. This program may also corrupt proxy settings and collect a large amount of user information.
Installer is presented as a free download manager used to install and setup third-party freeware. The download manager is often downloaded voluntarily and offers users additional third-party software. The Installer application may ask a computer user if they wish to accept or decline offers to install additional software and browser attachments; However, the request to decline the offers is usually ignored and the unwanted software will install against user consent.
Installer is primarily found on media related websites and utilizes many file names. For example, Installer malware is often promoted on advertisements found on websites such as thepiratebay.se and will often claim that a user can download or view files. Once the advertisement is clicked, Installer will download and a user may notice a pop-up message that says “checking requirements.” If a user wishes to download a video such as Game of Thrones, the file may be something similar to Game_of_Thrones_S04E03_HDTV_x264-KILLERS[ettv] based on the name of the torrent or download (the torrent file itself is not malicious if downloaded properly).
How to remove the Installer virus
- Option 1: Installer Removal Software & Tools – This first option details how to remove Installer malware using the free or full versions of Hitman Pro software and/or CCleaner by Piriform.
- Option 2: Manually remove Installer – This second option details how to manually uninstall Installer and remove unwanted browser attachments
- For Tech Support – Call 1-888-879-0084 and they will kindly assist you with removing this computer infection.
1. Installer Removal Software & Tools
Use the instructions below to automatically remove Installer and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
Hitman Pro by SurfRight
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or purchase the full version of Hitman Pro software.
3. Once Hitman Pro is installed, open the program and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may chose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
4. When the scan is complete, click the Next button again to delete any threats or traces on your system.
5. If you are initially using the free version, to activate it, enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
6. Restart your computer by selecting Reboot.
Your computer should now be clean of threats, tracking cookies, malware, and other unwanted traces.
CCleaner by Piriform
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall Installer adware and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall Installer and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for Installer, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manually Remove Installer
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall Installer adware from Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8.
- It may be necessary to uninstall third-party software.
How to uninstall Installer
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to access the Windows 8 Start Menu).
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for Installer and other potentially unwanted software. Once the adware program is located, double click the unwanted program(s) or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button.
How to remove Installer add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions below to remove Installer add-ons and extensions from Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer.
- It may be necessary to remove third-party browser attachments.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Installer extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the Installer add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the Installer add-on and remove it if located.