How to remove “Important Update Available” pop-ups
“Important Update Available” pop-up messages (Important Update Available virus) and notifications are caused by potentially unwanted programs (PUPs) and malware that usually enter a computer system without user detection. If you receive a pop-up message that says “Important Update Available” on Microsoft Windows desktop it means that your computer is infected with possible malicious software and files.
The “Important Update Available” message is associated with potentially unwanted programs and malware that automatically install in the background. This means that programs which display the “Important Update Available” message also download and install third-party threats in the background. Once this message is presented software will often install during the process; even if the user closes the message window.
The entire “Important Update Available” pop-up message usually says something similar to “We have detected a new update of the software. Get the latest version to optimize the compatibility of your system.” The message will usually only contain an option to click OK. If a user clicks OK various PUPs and malware will begin to install. Furthermore, we found that closing the window will also cause programs to install without our consent.
Unwanted programs and malware associated with this fraudulent pop-up message include adware, browser hijackers, scareware, and spyware. These threats are known to cause pop-up advertisements, browser redirects, and extort unsuspecting computer users. These threats are known to be deceptive and intrusive. Threats that this message is known to associate with includes Infonaut adware and others.
[fancy_box title=”Important Update Available overview”]
- Important Update Available messages are caused by potentially unwanted programs and malware that exist on the infected system.
- If you notice a Important Update Available message your computer will be introduced to additional threats even if you close the window.
How to remove Important Update Available pop-ups
[list style=”pointer” color=”red”]
- Step 1: Remove unwanted browser extensions
- Step 2: Uninstall unwanted programs from Windows
- Step 3: Remove Important Update Available virus with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
- Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner by Piriform
- For Tech Support Call: 1-888-986-8411
Step 1: Remove unwanted browser extensions
We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while removing this infection. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon on the top menu and navigate to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for unwanted browser extensions in the list. Remove unwanted browser extensions individually by clicking the trashcan icon next to each one.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. Search for unwanted browser add-ons on the Extensions and Plugin tab. Highlight each one individually and click remove.
1. Click Safari and go to Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for unwanted browser extensions in the list and click the Uninstall button next to each one.
Step 2: Uninstall unwanted programs from Windows
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. On Windows Control Panel, click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program in the Programs section.
3. Search for unwanted programs in the list of installed programs. Once an unwanted program is located, double click the item or select it with your mouse and click the Uninstall button. If you can not find an unwanted program in the list of installed program please see steps 3 and 4 below.
Step 3: Remove Important Update Available virus with Malwarebytes
1. Download and install the free or full edition of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full edition of this program enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is only a free scan and removal tool.
2. Open Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
3. Click the Scan Now button or go to the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan.
4. When the malware scan is complete you will notice a list of files it has detected. Click the Remove Selected button, then click Finish, and reboot your computer.
Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner
1. Download and install the free or full edition of CCleaner by Piriform.Download CCleaner Free Buy Professional Now
2. Open the program and go to Cleaner and click the Analyze button. After files and have been analyzed, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Go to Registry and click Scan for Issues. When the scan is complete click Fix selected issues… and then click the Fix All Selected Issues button.
4. Go to to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from Windows, Internet Explorer, all the way to Context Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Delete once anything suspicious is found to remove it.