How to remove iLivid Plus (Virus Removal Guide)
iLivid Plus (also found as iLivid Plus v1, iLivid Plus v2, iLivid Plus v3, iLivid Plus virus) is a deceptive browser add-on and extension for popular internet browsers such as Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. The current running version of this application is iLivid Plus v2. The application is associated with the iLivid program and browser attachments, as well as iLividNewTab. These programs and browser attachments are flagged by the internet security community and internet browsers such as Google for being potentially malicious and harmful. Additionally, Antivirus and Anti-Malware programs will detect iLivid Plus and associated applications in several detection categories. iLivid Plus is dominantly found in the potentially unwanted program (PUP) and browser hijacker based threat categories.
iLivid Plus is known to infiltrate a computer and internet browser without user consent or by use of very misleading marketing tactics. iLivid Plus typically installs alongside other unwanted programs and malware such as Privoxy; an internet proxy that hijacks your LAN settings. If iLivid Plus is attached to your internet browser it is likely that other threats have infected your computer. In order to remove iLivid Plus you may need to remove other programs and malicious files.
iLivid Plus is known to change existing default internet browser settings such as the homepage, search engine, and new tab settings. For example, the iLivid Plus v2 extension for Google Chrome has the ability to take control of your settings. This causes affected internet browsers such as Chrome browser to start-up on and redirect to iLivid search engines and webpages affiliated with the threat.
Furthermore, the iLivid Plus extension is very intrusive. Once contracted it has permission to read and change all your data on the websites you visit and manage your apps, extensions, and themes. This allows iLivid Plus v2 and other extensions to collect information about you and your browsing habits. It will even allow the object to remove apps and extensions you have previously installed.
- iLivid Plus v2 bundles with other potentially unwanted programs and malware.
- iLivid Plus v2 is usually bundled inside installers and downloaders distributed as dubious torrents or as freeware programs distributed by websites similar to download.com and softonic.com.
- iLivid Plus v2 injects visited webpages with pop-up and in-text advertisements.
- iLivid Plus v2 changes your existing internet browser settings including the new tab, homepage, and default search engine.
- iLivid Plus v2 makes unwanted changes to existing Windows settings (such as Windows registry) and schedules new tasks which allow it to run every time Windows starts and check to see if the program has been disabled. If the program has been disabled it will enable itself to run.
- iLivid Plus v2 can read and change all your data on the websites you visit.
- iLivid Plus v2 can manage your apps, extensions, and themes.
Use this iLivid Plus removal guide to remove the “iLivid Plus virus” and iLivid Plus v2 extension from your computer and affected internet browsers such as Google Chrome. The options listed below can be combined to completely remove iLivid Plus and threats associated with the program and extension.
iLivid Plus (Virus Removal Guide)
- Option 1: Automatically remove iLivid Plus virus with Malwarebytes
- Option 2: Manually remove iLivid Plus
- Option 3: Call Tech Support at 1-866-521-2427
Option 1: Automatically remove iLivid Plus virus with Malwarebytes
1. We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues while removing this infection. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
2. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.Download “iLivid Plus” removal tool
3. Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing.
4. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
5. When the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button or restart your computer if Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
[note align=”left”]If you are still having issues removing iLivid Plus we suggest that use a second opinion scanner and removal tool such as HitmanPro to locate and remove any malicious files that may be present.[/note]
Option 2: Manually remove iLivid Plus
How to uninstall iLivid Plus
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove program) in the Programs section.
3. Search for iLivid Plus in the list of installed programs and select it with your mouse, then click Uninstall. You can also double click iLivid Plus to uninstall it.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find iLivid Plus in your list of installed program you may need to uninstall additional programs that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove iLivid Plus below.[/note]
How to remove iLivid Plus add-ons and extensions
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the iLivid Plus extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the iLivid Plus add-on and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the iLivid Plus extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find iLivid Plus in your list of add-ons and extensions you may need to remove additional attachments that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove iLivid Plus below.[/note]
iLivid Plus virus removal tips
- If you do not find iLivid Plus in your list of installed programs you may need to uninstall additional programs. Additional programs may include suspicious titles that may have been contracted around the same time or after the initial infection.
- If you are still having issues removing iLivid Plus you should use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3. HitmanPro 3 is the best second opinion scan and removal tool. It can be used to locate and remove remaining threats.
[frame_box] For Tech Support Call: