The IcoValid virus (also found as IcoValid 5.3 or Ico Valid) is a potentially unwanted program or malware found in the adware, browser hijacker, and spyware categories. IcoValid adware is primarily used to collect user information, including information users manually submit online while the software is installed, in order to display targeted advertisements. In return this can create additional privacy related issues for many users.
IcoValid is promoted as a free program. This program may not detail that it is a cross-browser advertisement-supported program.
IcoValid malware installs to a computer running the Microsoft Windows operating system and attaches to Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Internet Explorer as a browser add-on, browser helper object (BHO), and extension with or without user consent and knowledge.
Once IcoValid is installed, the adware will start to collect and observe user information and in turn will use the user information to generate a wide variety of targeted advertisements. IcoValid ads are pop-under browser ads, in-text ads that say something similar to “Ads by IcoValid” on them, and/or pop-up advertisements that appear in images and say “brought by IcoValid” or “IcoValid Deals” on them.
Some IcoValid users and victims of similar adware complain of unwanted email spam, junk mail, and sometimes telephone calls from telemarketers. Once these types of programs get onto a computer, they may begin to collect data that users manually submit online in order to add these users to mailing and marketing lists, inducing the lists of third-party affiliates, contractors, and larger-based partners.
The information IcoValid and similar programs collect may include anonymous information such as IP addresses, visited websites, and browsing activity. These programs may also collect manually submitted information such as full names, email address, telephone numbers, and more that may be used to identify the anonymous information.
How does IcoValid malware get onto a computer?
Users are sometimes given the opportunity to accept or decline an offer to install IcoValid software and other items; However, the request to decline the offer is often ignored or presented in a very confusing manner.
IcoValid can also be manually and voluntarily downloaded from a variety of online sources including the developer’s website.
How to remove the IcoValid virus
- Automatically remove IcoValid virus – Scan for and automatically remove IcoValid and third-party malware
- Manually remove IcoValid virus – Remove/Uninstall IcoValid and third-party malware (if necessary)
- For Tech Support – Call 1-888-879-0084 and they will kindly assist you with removing this infection
1. Automatic IcoValid virus removal
Use the instructions below to automatically remove IcoValid and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, make sure to do so.
4. On the first tab labeled “Scanner” select the Perform full scan option and click the Scan button to perform a full system scan. Malwarebytes will automatically detect malware infecting the computer system.
5. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer.
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall IcoValid adware and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall IcoValid (IcoValid 5.3) and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for IcoValid, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manual IcoValid virus removal
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall IcoValid and third-party software using Microsoft Windows removal procedures.
How to uninstall IcoValid
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for IcoValid (IcoValid 5.3) and other potentially unwanted software. Once the adware program is located, double click the unwanted program(s) or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button. Keep in mind that IcoValid may use a different title name than suggested.
How to remove IcoValid add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions to remove IcoValid add-ons, extensions, plug-ins, and toolbars. Please note, it may be necessary to remove multiple third-party items.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the IcoValid extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the IcoValid add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the IcoValid add-on and remove it if located.