How to remove HtmlConvertor (Virus Removal Guide)
If you are seeing advertisements from HtmlConvertor (also found as Html Convertor, HtmlConvertor 4.2), or notice that the program installed to your computer and made changes to Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Microsoft Internet Explorer without your knowledge, you may have what is referred to as the HtmlConvertor virus. HtmlConvertor is not technically a computer virus; However, this program is a potentially unwanted program or malware found in the adware, browser hijacker, and spyware categories.
HtmlConvertor is promoted as free software (freeware) for Microsoft Windows that is used to convert HTML files into other extensions. Once in stalled HtmlConvertor attaches to Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer as a browser add-on, browser helper object (BHO), and extension with or without direct user consent. The HtmlConvertor adware program is then used to collect user information in order to serve targeted advertisements, which may create additional privacy issues for users.
HtmlConvertor malware will display a wide variety of advertisements. Some HtmlConvertor ads are pop-under browser ads that take up an entire browser window or computer screen, in-text ads that say something similar to “Ads by HtmlConvertor” on them, and/or pop-up advertisements that appear in images and say “brought by HtmlConvertor” on them, plus much more.
Many users of HtmlConvertor and similar adware complain of unwanted email spam, junk mail, and sometimes telephone calls from telemarketers. Once these types of programs get onto a computer, they may begin to collect data that users manually submit online in order to add these users to mailing and marketing lists, inducing the lists of third-party affiliates, contractors, and larger-based partners
How does HtmlConvertor malware get onto a computer?
Users are sometimes given the opportunity to accept or decline an offer to install HtmlConvertor software and other items; However, the request to decline the offer is often ignored or presented in a very confusing manner.
How to remove the HtmlConvertor virus
- Automatically remove HtmlConvertor virus – Scan for and automatically remove HtmlConvertor and third-party malware
- Manually remove HtmlConvertor virus – Remove/Uninstall HtmlConvertor and third-party malware (if necessary)
- For Tech Support – Call 1-888-986-8411 and they will kindly assist you with removing this infection
1. Automatic HtmlConvertor virus removal
Use the instructions below to automatically remove HtmlConvertor and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, make sure to do so.
4. On the first tab labeled “Scanner” select the Perform full scan option and click the Scan button to perform a full system scan. Malwarebytes will automatically detect malware infecting the computer system.
5. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer.
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall HtmlConvertor adware and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall HtmlConvertor and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for HtmlConvertor, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manual HtmlConvertor virus removal
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall HtmlConvertor and third-party software using Microsoft Windows removal procedures.
How to uninstall HtmlConvertor
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for HtmlConvertor 4.2 and other potentially unwanted software. Once the adware program is located, double click the unwanted program(s) or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button. Keep in mind that HtmlConvertor may use a different title name than suggested.
How to remove HtmlConvertor add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions to remove HtmlConvertor add-ons, extensions, plug-ins, and toolbars. Please note, it may be necessary to remove multiple third-party items.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the HtmlConvertor extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the HtmlConvertor add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the HtmlConvertor add-on and remove it if located.