How to remove the HQ Video Professional virus (Removal Guide)
HQ Video Professional virus
The HQ Video Professional virus (also known as HQ Video Pro by Kimahari Software Inc) is a term used to identify a potentially unwanted program or malware categorized as adware, browser hijacker, and spyware. HQ Video Professional is promoted as a free item used to enhance YouTube video quality and other videos on the web: However, HQ Video Professional does not actually perform this task that well and instead collects user information to display a large variety of targeted pop-up advertisements.
HQ Video Professional malware primarily installs to a Microsoft Windows machine and attaches to Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer as a browser add-on, browser helper object (BHO), and extension with or without direct user consent.
Once HQ Video Pro malware is installed, the unwanted program will begin to collect user data such as you browser history in order to display a wide variety of targeted advertisements or ads that it feels are relevant.
Some HQ Video Professional ads are pop-under browser ads that take up an entire browser window or computer screen, in-text ads that say something similar to “Ads by HQ Video Professional” on them, and/or pop-up advertisements that appear in images and say “brought by HQ Video Professional” or “HQ Video Professional Deals” on them.
Many users of HQ Video Professional and similar adware complain of unwanted email spam, junk mail, and sometimes telephone calls from telemarketers. Once these types of programs get onto a computer, they may begin to collect data that users manually submit online in order to add these users to mailing and marketing lists, inducing the lists of third-party affiliates, contractors, and larger-based partners.
The HQ Video Professional hijacker may even cause an affected browser to redirect unwanted websites when a user searches the web using the browser address bar or omni bar.
How does HQ Video Professional malware get onto a computer?
HQ Video Professional malware often bundles with third-party freeware and shareware distributed by websites such as download.com and can be found in advertisements and torrents on media related websites such as thepiratebay.
Users are sometimes given the opportunity to accept or decline an offer to install HQ Video Professional software and other unwanted software; However, the request to decline the offer is often ignored or presented in a very confusing manner.
HQ Video Professional software can be manually downloaded from a variety of sources on the web.
How to remove HQ Video Professional virus
- Automatically remove HQ Video Professional virus – Scan for and automatically remove HQ Video Professional and third-party malware
- Manually remove HQ Video Professional virus – Remove/Uninstall HQ Video Professional by Kimahari Software Inc. and remove third-party malware (if necessary)
- For Tech Support – Call 1-888-986-8411 and they will kindly assist you with removing this infection
1. Automatic HQ Video Professional virus removal
Use the instructions below to automatically remove HQ Video Professional and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, make sure to do so.
4. On the first tab labeled “Scanner” select the Perform full scan option and click the Scan button to perform a full system scan. Malwarebytes will automatically detect malware infecting the computer system.
5. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer.
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall HQ Video Professional adware and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall HQ Video Professional (by Kimahari Software Inc) and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for HQ Video Professional, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manual HQ Video Professional virus removal
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall HQ Video Professional and third-party software using Microsoft Windows removal procedures.
How to uninstall HQ Video Professional (by Kimahari Software Inc)
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for HQ Video Professional (by Kimahari Software Inc) and other potentially unwanted software. Once the adware program is located, double click the unwanted program(s) or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button. Keep in mind that HQ Video Professional may use a different title name than suggested.
How to remove HQ Video Professional add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions to remove HQ Video Professional Deals add-ons, extensions, plug-ins, and toolbars. Please note, it may be necessary to remove multiple third-party items.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the HQ Video Professional extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the HQ Video Professional add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the HQ Video Professional add-on and remove it if located.